Ch. 53 - THE LOOK

Avalon's outfit:

┏ •◦ 🔥🏳️‍🌈🐺 ◦• ┓

┏ •◦ 🔥🏳️‍🌈🐺 ◦• ┓

- CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE -🏹 The Look 🏹

🏹 The Look 🏹

Mason, dressed in a Deputy uniform, walked through a burnt area of the woods, his phone to his ear and firefighters and deputies walked around the area.

"Um... Hey, Sheriff." Mason said as he walked over to Sheriff Stilinski, "I really hate to bother you. I just got a phone call from Deputy Parrish. He wants to talk to our... consultant." He said, making Stilinski raise his eyebrows. "Another incident at the auto shop?" Stilinski asked and Mason nodded slightly, "His son definitely has an unhealthy fixation on that jeep." Mason said, making Stilinski laugh.

"Do you want me to tell him?" Mason asked and Stilinski shook his head, "Nah. He better hear it from me." He said, turning around. Two figures appear through the line of smoke before Derek and Avalon walk through the smoke.

"You were right. It was gasoline." Derek said as they walked over to Stilinski and Mason, "Whoever set this fire used a chemical accelerant. I tried to see who but they had their face covered." Avalon said. "Four fires in two weeks. That's a serial arsonist. Do I need to call in the FBI?" Stilinski asked and Avalon raised her eyebrows at him, "I think you should be calling Stiles." She said.

"Trust me, right now Stiles has his own fires to put out. I think we can handle one arsonist." Stilinski said and Derek sighed, "The only thing I'd say is this one seems to have a plan." He said before Mason's phone started buzzing, making him pull it out to see Parrish calling him. He quickly looked at Stilinski with a panicked look, making Avalon raise her eyebrows.

"Are you gonna get that?" She asked and Mason stared at his phone for a moment. "Yes..." He said, looking up at Stilinski, "No." Stilinski said quickly. "It- It can- It can wait." Mason said and Stilinski nodded while Mason put his phone back in his pocket before it immediately started buzzing again.

"You want me to answer it?" Derek asked and both Mason and Stilinski shook their heads, "No." They both said quickly. "Why do I have a feeling that that has something to do with me?" Derek asked, raising his eyebrows, "Or maybe my son?" He asked.

"He still seems pretty intent on leaving high school with a grand theft auto charge." Stilinski said and Derek nodded as he and Avalon glanced at each other, "He took the jeep again, didn't he?" Derek asked. "Why the hell do they keep taking the jeep?" Stilinski asked and Derek raised his eyebrows.

"Because he knows I hate it."

🏹

Avalon was crouched down outside of Hale Auto, painting something on the wall with some spray paint. After a moment, the paint started to run out, making her sigh softly before standing up, walking inside the building to get a new can. As she was looking through her cans of spray paint, she heard a growl behind her, making her turn around to see a coyote run in.

The coyote ran at her before shifting into Malia, who then jumped at Avalon, wrapping her arms around Avalon's neck and her legs around Avalon's waist. Avalon quickly caught her, slightly stumbling back into an office as Malia pressed her lips to Avalon's. "You're trespassing." Malia said before kissing her again, "I was hired, but you're naked." Avalon said and Malia looked at her before jumping down.

"You're not." Malia said before flicking her claws out, making Avalon chuckle and grab her arm. "I do not need another perfectly good outfit to be ripped to shreds again." Avalon said as she took off her jacket, tossing it over on the desk before doing the same with her shirt. "Happy now?" Avalon asked and Malia raised her eyebrows as she glanced down at Avalon's pants with a disproving growl.

Avalon laughed softly, kicking off her boots before taking off her pants. Malia stepped forward, her hand grabbing Avalon's ass, making Avalon hum softly before Malia smiled at her. Avalon grabbed the back of Malia's head, pulling her into a deep kiss as Malia backed up towards the couch.

A little while later, Malia was now fully dressed, laying back on the couch, watching with a small smile as Avalon got dressed. Malia stood up, grabbing Avalon's jacket, making Avalon look at her with a very fond look as she took the jacket.

"You're giving me that look again." Malia said, making Avalon raise her eyebrows, "What look?" She asked. "The look." Malia said and Avalon shook her head, "There's no look." She said. "There's a look." Malia said and Avalon furrowed her brows slightly, "What look? I'm looking at you with the normal look I always look at you with." Avalon said.

"The marriage look." Malia said and Avalon nodded, "Oh." Avalon said and Malia pointed at her. "Yeah, that look." She said and Avalon looked at her in amusement, "I didn't say anything." Avalon said and Malia laughed slightly. "You said it with a look." She said and Avalon sighed softly, "We've been engaged for almost two years... Don't you think it's time to finally make it official?" Avalon asked.

"I like what we have right now. I don't want to risk it by getting married." Malia said and Avalon raised her eyebrows, "You were totally fine with getting married when we both proposed to each other but then a couple friends in france got divorced and now you're afraid of getting married." Avalon said and Malia was about to say something when her phone went off.

She pulled her phone out to see a text from Lydia asking her to call her urgently, making Malia and Avalon look at each other.

🏹

Scott pulled up to the woods where Malia and Avalon stood with Lydia in the car before the three of them got out. Lydia quickly ran over to Malia, throwing her arms around her. "Oh! I missed you guys." Lydia said as Malia awkwardly hugged her back, "I missed you too." Malia said. "No, you didn't." Lydia said, "Okay, I wanted to." Malia said as they pulled apart while Scott hugged Avalon.

"Well, that I can believe." Lydia said before moving to hug Avalon. "Didn't really miss you." Malia said, making Scott chuckle, "It's good to see you." Scott said as they hugged before Malia nodded.

"Okay. Let's go find a tree in the woods." Malia said, walking away, making Avalon, Lydia and Scott follow her. "Come on. You said we need to find this thing by nightfall." Malia said as they walked through the woods.