Party Time

Patrick's point of view

I felt myself slowly wake up from a deep sleep. I didn't bother opening my eyes, just breath in deeply, but I suddenly stop when I recognize the smell.

Pete.

My eyes shoot open and I realize we were only an inch apart. I jump and gasp, pulling back away. This wakes him up, making him do the same. We both blush majorly and just stare at each other with wide eyes.

"Guys, what were you doing down there?" Joe jokes.

"N-nothing! We just woke up like that," I say, trying to sound angry but failing.

It was really hard keeping this charade up. I was never gay before I met Pete, I was full blown straight. I never thought about being with a guy, but Pete just... he really makes me feel good. I try and hold it in the best I can, but every now and then it comes out.

If It weren't for Liz being all over me, I'm sure Pete would see that I'm gay for him.

"Suuuurrreee," Andy coos.

"Shut up," I mumble.

"What time is it?" Pete asks, laying back down on the floor.

I look at the clock hanging on the wall reading: "11 am ish."

"Well now I won't be able to go back asleep," Joe complains.

"Then get up, lazy butt," Andy says, shoving him off the couch.

Joe thuds on the floor with an, "Oww!"

I laugh and walk over to help him up.

"Why don't we do something today? Something other than practice," I ask.

"Yeah, like what?" Pete asks, standing up.

"Dude, let's like throw a party," Joe suggests.

"W- wait what? That's such late notice..." I trail off.

"It can just be all our friends! You know they're probably not doing anything, it's Friday!" Joe explains.

I sigh and rub the back of my neck.

"Come on, 'Trick, this could be cool," Pete pouts.

I give in, "Yeah, fine. I'm assuming here?"

Everyone says, "Yep," I unison, making me roll my eyes.

"Alright, I'll text everyone..." I groan, pulling out my phone.

"So," I look back up , "How is this going down?"

later

I open the door for the 5th time, letting in Gerard and Frank.

"Hey guys, glad you could make it," I say.

"Hey, isn't this like really late notice? It just doesn't seem like your kind of thing," Gerard comments.

I think back to when I almost said no, but Pete's pitiful eyes made me say otherwise.

"Yeah, I don't know, just kind of was in the mood I guess," I smile.

They walk in and start to chat it up with other people. It was only like 9 and there were already a ton of people here. I didn't even text this many people, they just invited their friends for some reason.

I open the screen door to the back yard as I yell, "We're kind of running out of room! You guys can go back here if you want."

Just like that, almost everyone walked outside and continued their conversation. I walk into the kitchen to grab a beer but was stopped by Pete.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"Getting a beer...?"

"How many have you had already?" he asks.

"Dude this is only like my second one," I complain.

He smirks, "Fine, have one, just don't get too drunk. I don't want you hurting yourself."

I felt my heart thump a little faster. "Thanks, man."

I couldn't help but feel myself blush a little at the silence, and for a split second I could have sworn I saw him blush too. Nah it's probably the lighting.

"Uh- come on, let's go out there with the rest," Pete says.

We both turn and make our way to the others.

"This is a pretty great party for something that you just planned this morning," Haley says, taking a sip of her beer.

"Well thanks, it was really just trying to find people to come, but that doesn't really seem like a problem now," I laugh. I look over to my right and see Pete laughing too, making me feel good.

"Patrick! The door!" I hear Joe yell from inside.

"Just answer it!" I yell back, not wanting to leave Pete.

"No, it's Liz! She wants you!"

I groan. That girl is too clingy. We're not even dating and she acts like it. I don't even know why I'm so nice around her, I guess it's just who I am.

I make my way inside, Joe giving me a "good luck" look before leaving the room.

I walk in the living room where she was standing. She turns around and smiles when she sees me.

"Hi, Pat!" She squeaks.

I cringe at that nickname. I hate it.

"Hey, what do you need?" I ask.

She smirks and takes a large step forward before whispering, "You."

Right then she crashes her lips against mine. She moves it roughly against me, making me want to gag. Don't get me wrong, I'm sort of bisexual, so I like girls too. Just not her.

She suddenly grabs me through my jeans, making me gasp and shove her off of me.

"What are you doing?!" I shout.

"Patrick, I really like you and I think we should be together," she looks at me with doughy and lustful eyes.

"Look, no okay? I'm sorry but I just don't like you like that."

She drops her innocent act and glares at me.

"Hm," she scoffs, "that's a mistake you're going to regret." And with that, she leaves.

I shrug it off, wiping my mouth of her taste. Right as I walk out the screen door, I bump into Brendon.

"Hey, have you seen Pete?" I ask.

"Yeah, he just ran off. He looked pretty upset, but I wasn't sure if I should bother him," he answers.

My heart dropped. Did he see Liz kiss me?

"Where did he go?" I ask quickly.

"Uh, I think he ran that way," he says, pointing into the woods.

"Oh no. uh, thanks Brendon," I say, running toward the woods as fast as I could.