Is This the End?

Patrick's point of view

I groan when I hear the doorbell ring and I wonder who it could be, Joe and Andy normally just walk right in.

I scoot away from Pete and say, "I'll be right back," before going to open the door.

"Oh great," I huff.

"Hi, Pat, are you feeling any better?" Liz squeals.

I roll my eyes, "Liz when will you get the hint that I don't like you and I'm with Pete."

She just laughs, "are you still drunk? I'll tell you what, last night was kind of embarrassing. You know I don't like you drunk."

I scowl at her and say, "look. Just leave me alone, alright? Go home." I try to shut the door but she just shoved it back open and walks right past me into my house.

"What the hell, Liz!" I shout. This girl will stop at nothing!

She walks right into the living room, seeing Pete laying on the couch.

"What's he doing here?" She sneers.

Pete sits up on the couch and gives her a disgusted look.

"I'm hanging out with my boyfriend. If you have a problem with that, you can leave," Pete says.

"Patrick, you're not gay! Why do you two keep saying you're dating? Is it because you just don't understand how much you like me?"

"Oh my god Liz you are so fucking annoying I can't handle it," I pull at my hair. I can't believe this. I'm done being nice to her, I've been holding that up for too long. "Get out."

"What?"

"Get. Out!"

"Patrick, come on-"

"Get out already!"

She closes her mouth and looks defeated for a second before standing her ground. "Fine. But only because I'm done with you treating me badly."

"When have I ever treated you badly! You literally wouldn't leave me a lone! I have to do something at some point!" I shout.

She huffs and pushes past me, finally leaving me for good.

I sigh of relieve when the door slams closed.

"Patrick, that was amazing," Pete says.

I smile and walk over to him and sit down, burying my face in his neck.

"God I can't believe that happened, I'm so happy," I mumble.

Pete laughs, wrapping his arms around me, pulling me close.

I sigh, "remind me to get on Joe later."

"Why?"

"He promised he would take care of her."

"Oh well, you know it's hard for Joe to keep his word sometimes," Pete chuckles.

"True," I smile against his neck. "God I love you."

"I love you too," Pete whispers.

Suddenly I hear the door swing open and for a second I was pissed, thinking it would be Liz, but no.

"Speak of the devil," I mumble, lifting up from Pete's neck to see Joe standing there with his signature smile.

"Joe what the hell, I thought you were going to take care of Liz?" I say in more of a question.

"Oh, I'm sorry man, I didn't see her after the coffee shop. Why? Did you talk to her?" His smile slowly fades.

"At the bar and just now," I answer.

"Hah, talk, more like roasted her," Pete chuckles from behind me.

"Really?" Joe's smile comes back.

"Yeah well..." I trail off rubbing the back of my neck. "Just hopefully it got the message through, you know? She's a terrible listener."

"Yeah, totally understand. Well this time, I promise she won't come near you again," Joe laughs.

Pete and I chuckle and I lean back over to lay in Pete's lap. He started to run his fingers through my hair and I had to hold back a groan, it felt so good.

"Where's Andy?" Pete asks.

"Gym. He wanted to make up for going to that bar, even though he didn't even drink much, if anything," Joe explains.

Pete and I just nod in understanding.

"So now that Liz should be out of the picture, how are you two holding up?" Joe asks.

I look up at Pete who was grinning at me.

"I think we're great," I answer, still smiling at Pete.

"Well good, you two are seriously my OTP, just saying."

I laugh. "We're my OTP, too," Pete says, making me laugh louder.

"Totally," I agree.

And with that, I think our life went on pretty great from there. Liz didn't show up ever again, we would see each other like in public, but never talked. She would just give me a disgusted look, which I didn't mind at all.

Pete, I can gladly say is the love of my life, my rock, my foundation, the thing that holds me together. Just the regular cliché things couples say.

And now is the time that Pete and I can be happy about our future, now knowing that gay marriage is legal in all states. No, not saying we're engaged now, just saying for future purposes.

But yeah, I can say that is the end of our beginning. The rest is all just ups and downs, but that's life, right? I'm just glad I can spend it all with him.

Oh my god is that the end? I'm sorry if I didn't warn you, even I didn't know it was coming this soon. But hey, it is a short-ish story and I don't have any other ideas for this plot.

But oh, and sorry about the weird ending, I was trying to like sum it all up and a cute way and I hope it worked.

Anyway, The End.