Jealousy

Pete's point of view

I couldn't sleep. Not after that. Not after what I saw, not after the hospital, not after Patrick saying he had something he wanted to tell me.

Maybe he wanted to tell me he... He liked me?

No, Pete, that's stupid, you saw him kiss Liz.

Maybe he didn't kiss Liz, she's so clingy, she might have forced herself on him or something.

Did she?

I grunt as I move positions for the 10000 time. I was getting frustrated and I decide to get up. I look at the clock on the nightstand. 3 am.

I sigh and slowly move so I'm sitting on the edge of the bed. I look up to see the wheelchair on the other side of the room.

"Thanks, Patrick," I mumble.

I shove myself up, ready to hop over to it, but I trip and fall on my face. I yell in pain and two seconds later, the door flies open.

"Pete, what are you doing?" Patrick scolds, walking over to help me up.

"I can't sleep."

He sighs and finally gets me on the wheelchair.

"You're a real pain in the ass," he says. I know he's smiling, and it makes me smirk to myself.

"Well if you can't sleep, what were you planning on doing?" He asks.

"I don't know, watch tv, I thought you would be sleeping."

He sighs again, "No I can't sleep either."

I wasn't sure what to say, so I sat there, hoping Patrick would do something.

"Well we can go watch Netflix if you want?"

"Yeah," I say, "Sure."

He then pushes me down to the living room, helps me on the couch, and starts a movie.

******

"Yo, Pete, Patrick!" I jerk awake by Joe's voice bombarding the room.

I quickly blush when I realize I've been leaning against Patrick the whole time we were asleep. I look up at Joe once Patrick and I made our distance. Joe just raises an eyebrow.

"How did you get in here?" Patrick asks.

"You left your front door unlocked. That's dangerous bro, you need to be careful with that."

"Yeah, yeah," Patrick mumbles, standing up from the couch.

"What do you guys say to guys day out? Like Let's go get some coffee like men!" Joe exclaims.

"Really? Coffee?" I chuckle.

"Hell yeah, man," Joe laughs. "We're going to meet up with Andy by the way."

"Yeah, alright," Patrick says.

"Sweet! Let's goooo," Joe turns and runs to the door.

"Well, he's pretty excited," I laugh. Patrick chuckles and helps me in my wheelchair.

Before he starts pushing me, I say, "Wait, I want to try and move myself."

"Aw, Petey's becoming a big boy," Patrick mocks.

"Shut up," I laugh.

I begin to push against the wheels on my wheelchair and move forward. I hear Patrick clapping behind me, like I was a little kid first riding a bike.

I laugh as I make it out the door and Patrick cheers. Joe laughs at the scene in front of him and catches his breath before helping me in the car.

We drive down the street to a small coffee shop and see Andy waiting outside.

"Sup, bro," Joe says, fist bumping Andy. Andy laughs and says hey to Patrick and I before turning to walk into the doors.

We all pile in the corner, laughing at some jokes Joe cracks in the process. It didn't take long for our drinks to come and I quickly flush down the whole thing.

"Damn, Pete, thirsty much?" Patrick laughs.

"You wish," I chuckle.

That earned an 'oooh' from Joe and Andy. I wasn't too sure, but I thought I saw a faint blush on Patrick's cheeks. Nah.

"Uh oh," Andy suddenly says.

"What? Patrick and I say in unison. We instantly turn around to look in the direction Andy was facing.

"Oh just great," Patrick huffs as we both see Liz happily bouncing her way over to us.

"Hi Patrick! Hi guys!" She chirps as she sits in the empty seat next to Patrick.

I could already feel the bile forming in my throat. I look over at Joe and Andy that just sat there and watched.

"What are you doing here?" Patrick asks.

"I just wanted to hang out? Can I not do that anymore?" she says innocently. I felt jealousy conjure up in the pit of my stomach.

"Well it's kind of guy's day, so I mean..."

"Well I can be like one of the guys! I mean, come on, we've known each other for like ever," she laughs.

"I don't really think that's the point-"

"Patrick, can I just speak to you real quick? Out there maybe?" she fake smiles, cutting Patrick off.

He sighs and looks over at us before standing up slowly and following her out the glass door. Joe, Andy, and I just watch as it all unfolds.

Patrick's point of view

"What do you want?" I ask bitterly as Liz drags me out the door.

"I just want to talk to my favorite boy," she sways in her spot while looking up at me innocently.

"Look, why don't you just leave me alone? You know I don't like you like that, I thought I made that clear."

"And I thought I made it clear you would regret your mistake," she says, dropping her innocents.

I didn't say anything, just swallow. She quickly pulls back up her smile and runs her hand up my chest.

"Stop," I say, shoving her hand away.

"You know," she says just moving her hands up my arms this time, "I would really like to know why you don't want to admit you want to be with me. Is it Pete?"

I flinch.

"Do you really like Pete?" she chuckles. "I mean, I can see the way you two look at each other, but really? You deserve so much better."

"Shut up," I clench my jaw.

"How bout we make him a little jealous huh?" she says, pressing her lips against mine. I tried pulling away but she had her hands on the back of my neck, holding me in. I quickly shove my hands against her shoulders, finally getting her to release.

"See you later," she says, waving as she walks away.

I wipe my mouth and look over into the window of the coffee shop. The only thing I see is Pete look at me with watery eyes and a clenched jaw.

Is he really jealous? I didn't think he would actually like me back?

I was instantly hit with guilt. Again.

Sorry this took so long to update, there's been a lot going on.

By the way, I just realized that I used the name Liz like I did in my Patrick Stump fanfic: Love Yourself as Much as I do

Oops.. oh well

I hope this doesn't suck, I'm doing a total different writing process than I normally do and I hope it's not like ruining it