Chapter 9

Father and daughter were out exploring the lands of their home together as lo'ak had decided to take Iva out to help with her hunting skills. Loak want to make sure his daughter was ready for anything that will come her way when she was older, it also had been something she asked him to do for her a month ago.

Iva " dad thank you for taking time out of your day to teach me"

Loak " anything for you baby girl"

Iva " I hope I can bring back something amazing for dinner tonight"

Loak " no need to rush sweetie we are going to start off with the basic before we do anything major, I dont need you rushing into anything difficult yet"

Iva " yes sir"

Loak " good now come along why don't we try hunting some small creatures or do some fishing" Iva had nodded her head happy about everything that was going on, she soon followed after her father as the two made their way towards a place that will be good for hunting and fishing.

Loak " lesson number one my daughter always check your surroundings as you are not the only one out here hunting, they are creatures out here that are bigger then you"

Iva " yes sir"

Loak " good and you know the rules for dangerous creatures right"

Iva " yes running away when it spots me and try to find some place to hide, and if need fight back but if I cant keep running"

Loak " good you have remembered the lesson I and your uncles have taught you"

Iva " aunt awuma had help me learned how to deal with injuries I get if I get hurt or if  someone else get hurt"

Loak " that good you are learning many skills" iva smiled at loak and soon enough the father and daughter pair went back to walking soon reaching a lake.

Loak " lesson two when you try hunting something wait for the perfect chance and stay clam, dont rush when it comes to hunting something or you might mess up that will result in your getting hurt or someone else getting hurt"

Iva " yes sempu"

Loak " now come here" Iva soon walked closer to her father and soon saw some fishing swimming pass, loak soon tapper her shoulder.

Loak " hold you bow in the correct position I and your uncle nago helped your learn" Iva had nodded her head and soon held her bow in the correct position.

Loak " here your third lesson trust in yourself and once you have the trust you can do anything"

Iva " yes dad" Iva soon took a deep breath in and out as she was watching the fish swim around she was waiting for the perfect moment, she soon changed her position that had gotten loak attention and soon enough she had fired her arrow. It had rushed threw the water and  scaring the fish but it had good result as it had strike two big fish.

Iva " dad I did it look"

Loak " that amazing now go get them and bring them back" Iva soon stepped into the cold water and soon grabbed the arrow that had the two big fish on it, she soon made her way toward her father with a bright smile on her face.

Lo'ak " good job kiddo I'm so proud of you" Lo'ak had removed the fish from the arrow showing his daughter the proper way to remove the fish from the arrows. Lo'ak was so proud of her as she had proven she was good hunter when it came to the smaller prey. These were one of the many moments he had been told by the older males of clan who were fathers, saying this was one of the moment fathers are proud of their kids.

Iva " I can't believe I caught it on my own dad" Iva was happy as she could be she had always wanted to see if she could be a good hunter or have some hunting skills.