50

"A second chance will never be able to heal the wound of the first one

"A second chance will never be able to heal the wound of the first one."

―Laura Chouette

Astoria was sure she was getting the front seat of the rover no-questions-asked because she was sick, but as Bellamy drove through the rain over rocks and fallen branches she didn't care. She had already forced him to pull over once for her to throw up, and she quieted any questions with a harsh glare before she took some water into her mouth just to spit it back out with the taste of her vomit.

After, she fell asleep for an hour and a half, and no one tried to wake her as they followed the map in Lincoln's journal. It wasn't until Bellamy failed to avoid a pothole that Astoria flinched, and took a deep breath as she blinked away her grogginess.

"Sorry," Bellamy forced her attention, and she looked over to him as she sat up slightly in her seat. She brought her legs down from where she had them tucked under her, and shook her feet slightly to get the tingles out. She only nodded her head, because she wasn't sure she wanted to become completely friendly with him again. She loved him, she pretty sure even he knew that, but it didn't change the horrible feeling she got in her gut when she looked at the healing cuts on his face. "You sure you were up to coming?"

"That doesn't concern you," she shut his question down quickly, turning her body slightly to be looking out the window to her right. She didn't need his worry.

When he heard that she was awake, Jasper leaned over in his seat to show her a page from Lincoln's journal. "Well, look who it is," he spoke with a smile, and when Astoria looked down to the drawing she found one of her own.

He let her take it from his hands, and Astoria ran her finger over the charcoal lightly. He had done it before he had properly met her, after he saved her from an arrow and left her in her cave alone. She looked younger, which made sense because she was only fifteen, but her face was sad. He had never shown it to her, and her heart ached as she looked at it. She felt Bellamy's eyes as well, and she nearly sneered at him to keep his attention on the trees.

She gave Jasper a smile as she passed the book back to him, and it was ten minutes before he spoke again. "It's been an hour since we passed the airplane wreckage," he observed, though Astoria had been asleep then. "Seeing as we're using a map without any distances, it could be days before we reach Luna's village."

"At least we know we're going in the right direction," Bellamy spoke up, and Astoria flinched slightly when he drove too close to a tree on her side.

"We're running out of daylight," Jasper shook his head. "We should stop in the sun and recharge the battery."

Clarke looked out the back window, "What sun?" She shook her head as well, meeting the boys eyes from where she sat across from him. "We keep going until it dies."