09

"Breezy days deserve the union of two old friends

"Breezy days deserve the union of two old friends."

―Sanober Khan

Astoria was sat in her tree watching Bellamy search the camp, not bothering to get down to help. For whom he was looking for she didn't know for certain, but from the way he was pacing and huffing—not caring for those trying to sleep—she guessed it was Octavia.

She nearly moved to the ground to make sure everything was alright, but before she could he was moving out of the camp walls and standing in the trees below her.

"Astoria!" he spoke, his voice much harsher than it had been the first time he called to her from the ground. She knew it only meant that he wasn't being dramatic in his searching.

After a sigh left her lips, but Astoria quickly moved to descend her tree. The shuffling noise caught Bellamy's attention and he watched her climb down in a way that seemed effortless (much different to how he had slowly moved down the tree days ago, nearly falling a few feet to dirt).

She went to speak a greeting, but clearly Bellamy had no time for one.

"Have you seen Octavia?" he questioned, his voice tense and hard.

She thought over the night and her birds-eye-view patrol. "No, but I didn't see anyone leave—"

"Well, clearly you missed someone, cause she's not here," he cut her off, and she quickly shut her mouth, her face morphing to hold a scowl. He noticed immediately and tried to calm himself, not wanting to get on the grounders bad side when she was the one who would help the most to get his sister back—no one knew these woods like her, certainly not any of the teenagers. "I just..."

"I'll help you find her," Astoria cut him off this time, shaking her head slightly. She started back towards the camp and Bellamy jogged to catch up with her, "When was she last seen?"

He though for a moment, "Yesterday, just before running into you in the woods with the radio."

"And you haven't seen her since?" she questioned, earning a small shake of his head from Bellamy. She rolled her eyes. "Well, then my expert guess would be that she never came back to camp. I didn't see her when we were setting off the flares—or at the stream to fish out the radio."

Once inside the camp walls the two went their separate ways, Bellamy going to 'get supplies'—she hadn't bothered to ask him to go into further detail—and Astoria moving to search the camp for herself. She didn't trust Bellamy to have looked to the best of his abilities in his haste and stress, but it wasn't long before Clarke stopped her.

"Have you seen Bellamy?" she rushed out, her worry for Octavia clear in her tone.

"Recruited me to help find Octavia and then disappeared to get supplies, whatever that means," she explained the situation to the blonde, taking a look around for the man herself. "I could go look for her by myself to reduce the risk of any one getting hurt, but to stop Bellamy we may have to knock him unconscious."