Chapter 1- The Day We Met

Maxine Potter was her name a name that she despised herself. Why? She didn't know why but perhaps it was because it had a connection with her parents and the feeling of sadness came with the name given to her even though she should feel gratitude that she was named by them yet there was an attachment to that name. Thinking about them was what made it worse. To see them at least once would be wonderful, yet she knew that it would only make her emotions worse to the point of feeling despair. And at a young age to even think of that. Perhaps she was simply feeling greedy. Greedy enough to go to the underworld just to bring them back to life. But there is nothing left of them... nothing. Except for her and Harry.

He was all she had. One and the same is what she had thought. In reality, she was wrong, so very wrong. Like the sun and the moon. Like the light and the darkness.
.
.
.
.
.
.
She was only nine when she gained this ability. An ability that seemed like a curse yet a blessing. At the time when she discovered these abilities, was when she ended up fighting with the Dursley family.

"I'm tired of being treated this way in this small suffocating cupboard under these damn stairs!"  She yelled at the top of her lungs as Harry tried his best to calm her. How could they have possibly placed her and her twin in such a small space that it was surprising they both managed to fit in there and at times they would hug each other until they fell asleep. But what she wanted was space and to be more... free.

"Well if you don't like it, you can always find a new home young lady!" Yelled the uncle whose face turned rather red as a tomato just by yelling. "You should be happy I even took you two into this house. If it weren't for me you would have been homeless!" Spoke the aunt in a stern tone. She knew very well that arguing with them would lead to nowhere. She knew that it would go back in forth between them if she continued but most of all she knew they would win this argument, After all, adults know best right?

In a fury of rage, Maxine strode towards the door with a loud slam as she heard Harry call her name.
But she was long gone as she ran away as far as she could. But for that moment she had a smile on her face, a big smile. The feeling of wind blowing against her face as her dark brown hair swayed with each step she took. Her eyes watering with how fast she ran and how cold the breeze was at night. And with clothes that barely managed to protect her from this cold night. The moon was the only thing that illuminated everything. This is what it feels like to be free even for just a moment. It felt amazing running away from her problems that made her forget everything.

Suddenly she stopped at a park and not a single being to be seen. Completely exhausted from running away as she tried her best to control her breathing as much as possible. When she finally managed to control her breathing she went to sit on the swing. As she started to think about her parents and how much she missed them. She traced a scar that was on her left eye as she sighed. Harry was able to get a Lightning bolt on his forehead and what did she get? A scar on her eye in which made her feel insecure. At the very least it wasn't deep enough to make her blind as her beautiful grey- blueish eyes still shone brightly. She shook her thoughts as she tried her best to move past it.

She was completely still as she sat on her swing with her eyes closed and head up high as she felt the breeze blow on her face once more. A pair of footsteps and the sound of the swing that squeaks every so slightly. For a weird reason, she didn't feel afraid of who came or at least her intuition didn't seem to be warning her of danger. Her head dropped at the sound of the steps. Her heart was beating a little fast as she started to overthink until she heard a masculine voice which made her confused if she should worry or not because she didn't feel like she was in danger, No it was the opposite she felt safe. "Why are you here all by yourself" he spoke in a soft voice that made Maxine finally open her eyes to turn to look at the swing beside her.