Chapter 11- Diagon Alley

Maxine's P.O.V.

"Now Maxine it's your turn." Mrs Weasley says as I enter the fireplace and grab a handful of the flu powder, "Do make sure to not say Diagonally like your brother. It's Diagon Alley." She says as I laugh at the mention of diagonally. "Diagon Alley." The same flames engulf me as I appear near Ron. "There you are, Max. Where's Harry." "Oh, Harry. I have no idea but he said Diagonally instead of saying Diagon Alley." I shrug as we wait for the rest of the Weasley to come. We waited in line to get our textbooks although I became really worried about but he soon arrived with his outfit covered in dirt. "Harry! Are you alright" I yell at him as he nods, "Hagrid helped me find my way."

"Oh, Harry. Thank goodness we'd hoped you'd only gone one grate too far." Mrs Weasley says as she wipes off his robe.
Man announces Mr. Gilderoy Lockhart as a man in a rather fancy blue sliver suit appears. "Mum fancies him," Ron says as I let out a small laugh while Mrs Weasley pushes Ron. Another man appears from the crowd with a camera as he takes a picture of Lockhart. I can see why many girls would swoon around him. However, something about him just bothers me and it's just hard to tell if it's the ghost girl around him or his personality. "It can't be. Harry Potter. Oh and Maxine Potter." Everyone turns to look at us as I hide myself behind Harry. It was already bad enough that this place was crowded but also how the attention was on us. "Harry Potter." Says the man with the camera as he grabs him while my eyes widen. Don't people know what personal space is? "And Maxine Potter." The cameraman reaches to grab and I immediately use Mrs Weasley as a shield. "Excuse me, Madam. Nice big smile, Harry. Together, you and I rate the front page." Lockhart says as he roughly grabs Harry by his side to take a picture with him. Ugh, maybe that's why I don't like him. Lockhart looks at me and signals me to come as I quickly shake my head. There's no way I'm standing next to him with that ghost girl glaring at me. You can clearly tell that she was obsessed with this man before she died. "It's a shame your sister doesn't want to take a picture. But what an extraordinary moment this is. When young Harry and of course, Maxine stepped into our Flourish and Blotts this morning to purchase my autobiography, Magical Me..." everyone started clapping but that man was just so full of himself that I'm surprised they even clapped for him. Ron has what seems to be a disgusted look on his face as we look at each other in agreement. "Which, incidentally, is currently celebrating its 27th week atop the daily prophet bestseller list, he had no idea that both him and his sister would in fact be leaving...with my... entire collected works....free of charge," Lockhart says handing him a stack of books while the man in the grabs another handing it to me. While they took a picture together. Harry gives his books to Mrs Weasley who stands in the line to get the books sign. But there's no way I'm letting that man sign these books as I walk off with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

We were near the entrance as Draco was ready to fight this morning, "Bet you loved that, didn't you, Potter? Famous Harry Potter, can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page." Says Draco only to Harry knowing full well that he can't say anything since we see each other in our dorms. Jealousy is not a good look on Draco. "Leave him alone." Says Ginny who stands up for Harry. "Look, Potter. You've got yourself a girlfriend." "At the very least he has a girlfriend. What do you have a couple of boys." I say as I snicker only to be glared at Draco. "Now, now, Draco, play nicely." Says a tall man with long blond white hair that looks just like Draco. "Mr. Potter and Miss Potter. Lucius Malfoy." He says as he shakes both me and Harry's hand. "We meet at last. Forgive me. Both your scar is a legend, as, of course, is the wizard who gave it to you." He says as he brings his walking stick toward Harry's forehead as I grab his hand tightly and I glare at him. He roughly pulls back. "Voldemort killed our parents. He was nothing more than a murderer." Harry says I nod in agreement. "You must be very brave to mention his name, or very foolish." Lucius smiles but I can see death lingers around him. "It's not foolish. It's just a name after all. The name of any other murder." Say to him as I had the urge to pull his long hair. "Fear the name only increases fear of the thing itself." Says Hermione with me as he gives us a strange yet irritated look.