✼CHAPTER 8✼

✼HYUNJIN✼

I braced myself for his reaction. He sat there, dumbfounded. "Hyunjin?" he asked, clearly shocked. "I'm sorry Felix...just let me explain!" I say. "No, don't explain shit, Hyunjin. I thought you were my best friend! How could you lie to me for one whole year!?" Felix asked, completely upset. Well, I know what I did was wrong, so I didn't argue back. "I'm really sorry Lix!" I say, but he has already left, leaving me alone. 

I sat there by myself on the bench, holding in my tears. Felix was right, a best friend wouldn't do this. I finally brought myself to stand up and I walked back to my house, my stomach tight and filled with knots. 

✼✼✼

I woke up to my loud alarm clock the following day with a terrible headache. I forced myself up and started to change into my uniform. As I was buttoning my shirt the events of yesterday flooded to me. I panicked for a second at the realization that I would have to see Felix at school. 

I calmed down. I'll just skip school, easy. I quickly changed back into my pyjamas so it would look like I just woke up, and climbed back into bed. Just a few minutes later my mom knocked on my door seeing that I hadn't come down. "Hyunjin?" she called. "Yeah?" I asked. "Get up!" she said. I groaned as she slowly opened the door. Making sure that I was fully dressed, she entered. 

"Why are you still in your pyjamas!?" she asked with a hint of annoyedness in her voice. "I think I'm sick," I said in the most tired and helpless voice I could do. "Oh, I'll go get the thermometer !" my mom said with a worried expression on her face. Right when she left my room I got up and ran to the bathroom across the door. I soaked a towel with hot water and placed it on my head and neck. Then I ran out of the bathroom and into my room.

Soon my mom came running back with the thermometer she checked my neck and forehead and sighed. "You have a bit of a fever, you don't have to go to school," she said. I practically screamed with victory inside my head and watched as she left.

I lay there for a few seconds before grabbing a book off my bookshelf. It was 'Heartstopper'. Felix and I read these together and watched the series as well. I let out a small sigh and opened it. I started to read it to myself, missing Felix- even though I saw him yesterday.

✼FELIX✼

I woke up and the first thing I wanted to do was call Hyunjin. Obviously, I didn't. I want to wait for him to call me. I want him to apologize to me. So I turned off my phone, got ready for school and headed out. 

Even though I didn't have to pick Hyunjin up, I still rode to his house just to see if I could get a glance at him. Nothing. I took a U-turn and rode to school. My bike felt oddly empty without Hyunjin there. 

I'm not going to lie but I wish yesterday didn't happen and it could go back to normal because now I'm no longer mad at him. Well not as much. Hyunjin is more special and important than some random boy I met on the internet. Sure, I liked him a lot but not more than Hyunjin. 

Maybe I should tell Hyunjin I can forgive him at school?

✼✼✼

I arrived at school and parked my bike. I ran to Han who was standing with Minho at the entrance. "Have you guys seen Hyunjin?" I asked. They both shook their heads. "Oh, thanks though!" I said with a smile. "Should we head to class? It's almost starting." Han asked. I nodded and all three of us walked to class. I sat down and realized Hyunjin wasn't there. 

678 words

A/N: im sry that the chapter is short ill try to update tomorrow and make it longer 

Thank you for reading