Chapter 1

"Batter up! Make us proud, Chou!"

With one call from their coach, Tzuyu stood up and took his baseball bat, approaching the batter's box.

Adjusting his baseball cap, the next batter got into position, ready to take an eye on the ball and hit it with all his might to the end of the field.

A pitch was thrown, which Tzuyu didn't even bother to hit, landing on the catcher's mitt.

"Strike!"

Tzuyu glanced at the baseball being held by their rival team catcher. "Fastball. Not bad."

The baseball was thrown back to its pitcher. It seems like Tzuyu was just observing how good the other team's pitcher was as to why he let them get a single strike.

The pitcher readied his next pitch, feeling confident that he'd get another strike.

Another pitch was thrown, which Tzuyu immediately caught up on.

"Fast..."

Tightening his grip on the baseball bat, Tzuyu swing his bat, hitting the ball with a satisfying sound.

"...but not fast enough!"

Unfortunately for the pitcher, the throw wasn't fast enough, making Tzuyu hit it effortlessly, causing it to fly all the way to the end of the field.

The crowd went wild as the ball went outside the field, indicating a home run.

Tzuyu jogged his way towards the home base, grinning at the coach's direction, who gave him a proud look and a thumbs up.

"Way to go, champ!"

---

After the exhibition game, Tzuyu went over to a vending machine to get some soda, exhausted over their victory from their rival team.

As he was gulping down on his canned drink, he almost choked when someone gave him a headlock from behind.

"There's our ace player! You killed it out there!"

Tzuyu fought his urge to choke the person behind him, realizing that it was his best friend, Sana.

"And YOU'RE going to kill me with that arm gripping on my neck, Sana-!" Tzuyu complained, making his hyper best friend pull away with a chuckle.

"Okay, sorryyyy..." Sana stated, clearly more playful than apologetic.

The taller guy rolled his eyes, sipping on his soda yet again, completely ignoring his sassy best friend.

"Sheesh, don't be such a snobbish bish, princess." Tzuyu snorted at the 'endearment' that Sana gave him.

"There he is again. How troublesome."

"If only you'd stop bugging me."

Sana pouted at the younger's response. But he didn't let it faze him. Instead, it made him much more clingy, giving Tzuyu a back hug.

"Aww, that's no fun! How about a kiss instead? Let daddy give his babygirl some ppoppos~"

Tzuyu backed away and cringed at how Sana pouted and moved his lips towards the direction of his cheek.

"Okay, stop. I won't be a snobbish bish anymore. Just fucking stop." He fake cried, seemingly done with his best friend's antics.

Though, it didn't let Sana go from his grip towards Tzuyu, successfully planting a quick peck on the latter's cheek.

"Yes!" He cheered as the younger gave him a winced look.

"I seriously think that you're just gay for me, Sana."

"Or maybe it's the other way around. Come on, no one can resist my charms." Sana winked, posing, indicating his attractiveness.

"Whatever." Tzuyu deadpanned, walking away from his cheeky best friend.

"Hey, wait for me!"

---

"I'll get going now before our teacher bite my head off for being late. See ya!"

"Bye."

Sana just encountered a female student earlier who ran away from him as soon as she saw her face.

The said student dropped a cute raccoon keychain and Tzuyu was ought to find her and give it back, since his best friend needs to attend his next class.

What the tall guy didn't expect when he followed the student's direction, was to hear her pleading at the headmaster of their university.

Apparently, she would be expelled if she wouldn't get her grades back up high. Tzuyu wasn't very fond of the idea.

He barged in inside the headmaster's office, causing both of him and the student to look at him in surprise.

"There is, Mr. Park." Tzuyu stated, walking closer towards both the headmaster and the student he was talking with.

"A solution? Let me hear it, Mr. Chou." The headmaster sat up straight, his ears ready to hear what Tzuyu has to say.

"Simple. I can tutor her." He briefly responded, earning a shocked expression from the student beside him.

"That is plausible. But what about your own studies?"

"Worry not, Mr. Park. I can handle it both with ease."

The headmaster paused for a while, thinking about Tzuyu's offer.

On the other hand, the student was still speechless by the sudden help she received from a stranger.

Well, technically not a stranger since she knows he's the campus crush that came from a wealthy family. Also, Sana's one and only best friend.

Finally, the headmaster decided to spoke of his answer, "Very well. It seemed like you're confident enough that this would work out, Mr. Chou. But ask for Ms. Hirai's permission first."

"Will do, Mr. Park."

"You two may talk about it. Dismissed."

---

Once they went outside of the office, Tzuyu dragged Momo on an empty hall to talk.

Tzuyu took Momo's hand and placed the keychain she dropped on her palm, "I know it seemed to be a surprise for you, but I'm really willing to help. Although, there's a catch-"

Momo's amused gaze towards Tzuyu faded, hearing that the latter didn't really voluntarily offered to help.

"Of course, nothing comes for free nowadays. But... I can't accept your offer. I still want to live."

Tzuyu gave her a questioning look, "Live? What do you mean?"

The Japanese clicked her tongue, "Have you forgotten already what's your title in our university? You're the campus crush! Your admirers would kill me if they saw both of us together!"

"We don't have to show ourselves in pub-"

"Doesn't matter, Chou. I have enough problems to deal with already. Thank you still."

With that, Momo left, leaving Tzuyu feeling devastated.

"And you think I don't have any?"

***

To be continued...