Chapter 7

Receiving such message from his dad was a total nightmare for Tzuyu. All his life, he tried to be the best son he could be for his parents and yet, he disappointed them today.

"I'm a failure..." The Taiwanese slumped his head onto the table, feeling dejected.

Momo wasn't sure what was going on with her junior right now, but she assumed that she was partially at fault for his sudden behavior.

"Tzuyu-ah?" She called for Tzuyu but no response was received.

Out of instinct, Momo's hand found its way on top of Tzuyu's head, stroking it gently whilst feeling his fluffy hair.

This did the trick and made him look up to see what the Japanese girl was up to.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I... don't know?" Momo answered, seemingly unsure of what her actions was about as well.

"Tch." Tzuyu clicked his tongue in annoyance and looked away, not having it with his senior right now.

Because of this, Momo let out a sigh and said the first thing that came into her mind. "You looked like you need some comfort. I don't know what else to do so maybe doing this would ease everything up."

"Nothing would make my situation easier, noona." Tzuyu responded, making the Japanese frown in dismay.

Until her junior followed his words, "But... thanks for the effort. It's the thought that counts."

This made Momo's frown turn upside down. At least she knows that she's not completely useless by Tzuyu's side.

After a few moments of calming himself down, Tzuyu decided to get up and go to practice. Despite the fact that he only has half an hour before it finishes.

Seeing this, Momo questioned why he suddenly stood up. "What is it? Where are you going?"

"Practice; the least I could do to ease this disappointment I'm feeling for myself." Tzuyu sighed and took his backpack, slumping it over to his shoulder. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow, noona."

"I just hope that I'd even be able to attend school tomorrow." Was the Taiwanese's thought before leaving the library without even hearing a response nor glance at Momo's direction.

Noticing how clearly upset his expression was, Momo took her things and placed it all inside her bag in a hurry, not even bothering to organize her textbooks and other school supplies.

Because of this, Momo's bag became heavier than it supposed to be. Yet, this didn't stop her from chasing after the tall younger.

"Tzuyu-ah, hey, wait up!" The Japanese sped up and went in front of Tzuyu, completely blocking the latter's way.

"Get out of the way." Tzuyu commanded, obvious annoyance hinted in his tone.

Though, he noticed the disrespect from his words and tried to calm himself down by taking a deep breath before facing his senior again.

"What do you want, noona?" Tzuyu questioned, his voice much gentler in tone now.

"I can tell you're not okay, Tzuyu-ah. At least let me come with you to practice to make sure you're well."

Hearing this, Tzuyu's ears perked up and a nervous expression was drawn in his face. "Are you insane? If anyone sees you with me-"

Before he could finish his words, Momo interrupted and cut him off. "I'll follow when we're both distance away from each other."

Seemingly done with his senior, Tzuyu had no choice but to give in. "Aish, fine. But walk over to the other side. It'll lead you to the outside bleachers without anyone seeing us together."