Chapter 5

"Hey." A voice emitted from Tzuyu's side as he was drinking from his water bottle. It was no other than his best friend; Sana.

"What's up?" Tzuyu responded, curious of what Sana has to say to him.

"Heard you met up with a friend earlier. What exactly did you do with them to make you late for practice?"

Tzuyu wondered if he should tell the truth about his and Momo's private tutoring session. It wouldn't hurt to say that straightforwardly.

But then, he decided against it. If he were to tell Sana that he's helping someone, the Japanese guy would question why he's suddenly doing that for a stranger. It might reveal his cover of having a personal rant dump instead of his own best friend as his comfort zone. Sana might get upset and he doesn't want that to happen.

Tzuyu didn't mean to keep it controversial for the campus playboy. He could explain, but Sana might misunderstood him for making it seem like he doesn't trust the Japanese with his problems. He concluded that it's better not to tell the latter anything about it for now.

"We hang out after school outside. I didn't notice that I was already running late." Tzuyu calmly responded.

He seriously win an award for being the best actor in history as Sana instantly buys his lie.

"That's a first for you, Tzu. Must've been an old friend or someone special if you were to get so distracted with them that you've lost track of time." Sana chuckled, trying to conceal the bitterness from his tone. Thankfully, the younger was oblivious about it.

"I won't really call them 'special'. Not an old friend either. They just had something important to say that couldn't be disclosed inside the campus, that's all." Tzuyu stated as he gulped down the rest of his water from his bottle. He stood up to stretch and get ready for their next practice game.

Sana tried his best not to appear resentful towards the younger. The latter might notice something's wrong between them.

He just let out a chuckle and responded, "Alright then, if that's what you say. Let's proceed to practice, shall we?"

Sana geared up and wore his mask helmet before walking over to where his position in the team is; the catcher's box.

Tzuyu as the team's pitcher while Sana's the team catcher; a perfect duo indeed.

Unbeknownst to Sana, Tzuyu had already taken a notice of his sudden change of behavior, almost immediately when the latter approached him normally instead of pouncing on him like a happy child trying to get his parent to carry him.

It often happens whenever Tzuyu decides to hang out with someone else more than Sana. The former thought this was the same case for the latter's approach towards him earlier.

He doesn't know why the older seemed to be so possessive of him whenever he hangs out with someone else when he's the one who hangs out with a different girl each day everyday.

Tzuyu shrugged the thought away. Unlike him, Sana dislikes it when he doesn't get the attention of people. That's what the younger had concluded.

Tzuyu approached the pitcher's mound as the coach whistled, indicating that break's over and practice must resume.

---

The sky had became a shade of orange as soon as their practice was finished. The coach dismissed his team as soon as he noticed the sun slowly setting, not wanting everyone to go home so late and dark.

Tzuyu and Sana walked together, as per usual, after practice. Although, no one still have said a thing to each other even until they get inside the train that leads to their home.

The older was still jealous over the fact that Tzuyu went out with someone else as to why he's been keeping his silence. Whilst the latter was too exhausted to even say a word to him.

Sana and Tzuyu sat down beside each other quietly inside the train.

Finally having enough of the awkward silence between them, the Taiwanese decided to have a word with the Japanese. Only to find out that the latter had fallen asleep beside him, mouth agape and snoring quietly.

"Geez." Tzuyu thought to himself as he looked at Sana, looking like a goddamn baby when he sleeps.

He just shrugged and put his headphones on to listen to some music, closing his eyes, as he waits for the train to arrive at their destination.

Seconds later, he felt something heavy against his shoulder. His eyes opened and shifted his gaze towards his best friend's direction. The moron had leaned against his shoulder whilst perfectly still wandering around his dreamland.

"Tzuyu..." Sana mumbled against his sleep, gaining Tzuyu's attention.

Curious of what the Japanese had to say, Tzuyu removed his headphones and listened to what his best friend would say next. Only to snort at the next words that was let out from the Japanese's mouth.

"...you fucking asshole."

Tzuyu quietly laughed, silently thanking that his snort didn't woke up the Japanese. Even in his sleep, Sana still curses the younger as if he was his worst enemy.

And Tzuyu likes his best friend that way.

***

To be continued...