Chapter 4

A day passed by since Momo and Tzuyu had an agreement between each other. A new quarter of the high school life had also begun.

Momo still couldn't believe the fact that she didn't know that Tzuyu was her junior. The younger look and act so mature for his age, plus add the fact that he's a tall guy who could rival basketball players for his height.

What she once had in mind was that Tzuyu's one of those students who applied for the class that only gifted students could join, as to why she never see her once at the second floor hallway where the room for 2nd-year students are located.

Then again, their classmate with 148 IQ would probably apply there instead of their section if it were to exist in their school.

But Momo had to admit, if that class really does exist, Tzuyu would pass with flying colors.

It's no joke that the Taiwanese was an exceptional student, which Momo had concluded since he started tutoring her.

Currently, they are at the library today; the right place to study for its quiet and peaceful environment. Lucky for them, there's no one inside that could witness Momo and Tzuyu together, except for the school librarian.

I mean, who hangs out at the library after class?

The two began their lesson for quite a while now. They're currently at the 2nd subject; Math, the subject Momo despises the most.

Tzuyu calmly teaches the lesson for the three main trigonometric ratios in the subject, for the 3rd time, despite seeing Momo's current struggles.

"I don't get how to solve these. These words all sound like nonsense." The Japanese girl groaned, slumping her head down onto the desk.

"Get up. Let's take a look at the lesson where this is from." The tall guy sighed and flipped over Momo's textbook, "You're supposed to use these three ratios. It says here 'sine equals opposite over hypotenuse'. To remember; say SOH-CAH-TOA."

"Souka- whatta the?"

"SOH-CAH-TOA." Tzuyu corrected, "SOH stands for Sine is opposite over hypotenuse, CAH stands for Cosine is adjacent over hypotenuse, and TOA stands for Tangent is opposite over adjacent."

"So ominous sounding..." Momo mumbled underneath her breath, her head aching due to how difficult it is to understand the lesson.

Tzuyu flipped the textbook to the next page. Momo almost fainted once she saw the problem exercises written down.

"I haven't taken this course yet and I get it now. Take a good look, noona. Here's how to do this exercise." Tzuyu picked up his pen and started writing the given problem on the paper, making sure to keep his pace slow for Momo to follow.

The tall guy solves the problem with ease. However, the girl beside her frowns at his work, her brows furrowing at all the numbers and symbols she sees on his paper.

"How about you try doing a problem now?" Tzuyu suggested, completely unaware that Momo's thoughts are flying around as she watched him solve the equation from earlier.

"I don't think I can..." The Japanese whined.

"You're not even gonna try? What part of it don't you get?"

"What is 'sine' supposed to mean? Like, what's even happening over here?" Momo pointed out at the answers that Tzuyu wrote, making the latter's jaw drop.

"You're kidding, right? How did you pass the chapters before this if you don't even understand that?"

"I didn't pass. Remember?"