Chapter 2

"What?! You turned Chou Tzuyu down?! Don't you know how many girls would fight for him to talk to them?" Was the shocked reaction of the class president after Momo told her what just happened earlier today.

Classes had just been dismissed. Nayeon and Momo were the ones left inside the classroom, as per request by the latter in order to talk about the shocking incident earlier.

"I know perfectly who he is, Nayeon. And that's one of the reasons why I can't accept his offer." Momo responded with a sigh, leaning against her desk.

"I get your point, but you're not getting mine; it's Chou Tzuyu we're talking about here, Momo! I'd gladly exchange my brains to be in your position right now!"

Momo couldn't help but facepalm herself hearing her best friend's statement.

"I'm well-aware of your tiny crush towards him, but please tell me you're joking. I'd rather keep my intelligence, if I do have one, than date a guy with admirers that might murder me in my sleep."

"Of course I am. Or well... maybe not. Argh- just think about his offer, okay? You can't pass on an opportunity like this. Plus, it's for your own good as well." Nayeon patted Momo's back lightly, giving her an assuring smile, knowing well how much of a struggle her best friend is currently facing.

Momo understood what she meant. It was unfortunate for the older to not be able to tutor her like she did back then.

The Japanese owes a lot to her. Nayeon had always been like a concerned older sister to her and can't seem to stay still, knowing that she's facing a challenging situation.

It even hit her that she's being a little too dependent on the class president. So, maybe accepting Tzuyu's offer would probably ease up both of their worries.

Momo groaned and took out her wallet from her bag, ready to leave the classroom with Nayeon for them to have lunch at the cafeteria.

---

Once at the cafeteria, Momo and Nayeon immediately spotted their other friend from afar who seemed to have just finished talking to someone.

Momo approached her with a hug, which startled the latter, but relaxed when she realized who's the one that embraced her.

"Momoring! Don't just go and appear from nowhere. You almost gave me a heart attack!" Momo's friend exclaimed in a not-so-loud voice, appearing to be much gentle by her tone.

"Sorry, Mina. It's been a while. We barely even saw each other lately. What's up? You seem to be busy with someone out there earlier." The older Japanese gestured at the student that Mina was talking to before she approached her.

"That?" Mina pointed at a short guy, chatting with other students from a nearby table, "Remember that guy who was courting me before? We're dating now."

"Son Chaeyoung?!" Nayeon accidentally blurted out, causing the said student and his friends to look at their direction.

Mina awkwardly giggled and tried to explain the situation, "Uhm.. sorry, I was just telling them who I was talking to earlier. Catch you later, Chaengie?"

The guy nodded and gave her a smile of assurance, waving goodbye as the trio went somewhere further away from them.

"Okay, you need to be more aware of what you absentmindedly say in public. Luckily, Chaeyoung's friends already know about us." Mina warned Nayeon, who apologized for her unconscious actions.