Chapter 6

"AHH! I FUCKED UP SO BAD, DAHYUN-AH!"

Sana's thunderous scream can be heard throughout the entire garden, wherein he always hangs out with one of his trusted friends, Kim Dahyun.

Luckily for the two of them, they're the only ones at the spot, so no one could hear the Japanese guy's despair.

"There there, big guy. What happened this time around?" The student with an unrivaled pale complexion asked as she strokes her friend's hair, who's currently laying down on the grass, resting his head onto the girl's lap.

"Yesterday, I showed my possessive side at Tzuyu. I've gone and done it again." Sana groaned as he covered his face of shame with his palms, unable to look at anything as the scenario from yesterday repeats in his head.

"At least he doesn't know your true intentions why, right?" Dahyun responded, trying to comfort her lovestruck, gay friend.

"What if he does, sooner or later? Or what if he already knew, yet pretending not to? Gosh, Dahyun. I love that he's so calm most of the time, but I hate it just as much. It makes me overthink a lot."

The younger sighed. This guy is a flirt master, yet folds at the mentioning of his best friend-slash-crush.

"You're really thinking about it a little too much, oppa. Isn't it a good sign that Tzuyu's still by your side, whether or not he knows about your massive crush on him? Wouldn't it mean that you're someone special to his life?"

"I mean, you have a point, Dahyun-ah. But what about when he told me before that I was just gay for him, for being so affectionate at him always, while sending me a cringed look? Wouldn't it mean that he'd be disgusted once he found out that I'm gay for him?" Sana started overthinking once again, rambling words towards his friend.

"There you go again, oppa. Just take a deep breath and think of his approach towards you. Did it change? Has his concern for you lessened over the time?"

"No, not really..."

"Then what are you being worried for? Isn't it enough that you're his most trusted best friend? That you're the one he's only ever been close with?"

Sana didn't respond immediately and sat up with a sigh. Facing Dahyun with a smile, he gazed at her with a thankful expression.

"You're right. I'm probably being worried for nothing. What would I ever do without you, Dahyun-ah?" The Japanese opened his arms, gesturing the younger for an embrace, in which the latter gave into as pee requested by the older.

"You're probably out there losing your mind from your flooding thoughts." Dahyun gave him a chuckle, "Glad that you have an ally by your side, huh?"

"Cocky. But I like it." Sana stifled a laugh, "Man, if I was straight, I probably have fallen head over heels for you."

"Please don't. It's bad enough that you flirted with me when we first met."

"Come on. Don't remind me by how you laughed at my exceptional flirting skills."

"I really couldn't take you seriously that time, I'm sorry."

"Doesn't mean you can just take it as a joke and embarrass me in front of the whole campus." Sana pulled away from their hug, giving the girl in front of him an eye roll.

Dahyun just gave him a laugh, "You're really such a dork behind that womanizer side of yours. Please never change, Sana-oppa."

---

Meanwhile, as Sana and Dahyun talk at the garden, Tzuyu's waiting for Momo to arrive outside the library. It's already been half an hour since their allotted time had passed and yet, the Japanese girl still is nowhere to be found.