: ̗̀➛ 1.2

════ ⋆★⋆ ════- HIM -════ ⋆★⋆ ════

════ ⋆★⋆ ════
- HIM -
════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Mark's schedules were filled with overload these days and he started to practice harder for NCT 2021 after Halloween had ended.

He hadn't seen her for days, and she never visited her brother in the SM building after the accident, which was good for him but he didn't feel the same.

When he visited the dreamies dorm the other day, they didn't look happy to see him. He understood correctly, "just spill it out," he said, slumping his body to the soft sofas.

They all look at each other before turning to their leader, "We are not trying to stop you and her but you always know the risk, right Mark Hyung?"

He only nodded.

Of course, he knows, he knows the consequences when his eyes first time landing on her face, he knows when his heart skips a beat only for her.

But Mark was selfish.

He was selfish for wanting both her and his career. He had heard this word again and again from everyone around him, it started to manipulate his mind.

Yes, they all were right, but he couldn't seem to let her go that easily. It's already hard to even stop thinking about her.

Mark Lee needs to remember his places.

He was an idol and a superstar, his whole life already belonged to the fans.

But can't he have one thing that he didn't need to share with everyone, where he could treasure it privately?

Mark looks at the dreamies who are currently messing with each other.

They never found a person like Chaeyeon, never fell for someone, so they could never understand how he felt right now.

And Mark was a coward to even say this topic to his illichil hyungs.

"We're just friends okay" He answered their thought, "and admit it Chaeyeon is kinda fun to hang out with"

They all only ignore him, he just watches them having fun while he relaxes his eyes for a second.

The next day, he cannot stop revisiting their place.

"I can see the way you look at her, Mark Hyung" Jaemin mumbled as inverted his eyes from his phone to him. He is the only one who doesn't give him a look when they talk about Chaeyeon.

He noticed her figure from the side, her hair tightened into a volume of ponytails and she always had those smiles that made him melt in his places.

"Don't take this hurtfully but stay away from her for her good"

Her head turned directly to him as if she always knew that he was around her. Chaeyeon's eyes finally meet him.

"I know you want her to deserve so much better"

There she was, waving so widely at him, shoving down her pain and smiling as if nothing had happened to her.

He wants to protect her from all the harm in this world.

"Think again, Mark Hyung. Even if you want to be friends with her just like all of us here" Jaemin's smile had turned to frown, Mark's heart clenched if his action was going to hurt all of them.

He knows he should stop his track, and walk away from her but his heart seems to ignore his brain, so he walks closer to her instead.

Chaeyeon frowned when she finally took a good look at him, "what's wrong?"
She asked, looking at him with hurtful eyes. Mark had forgotten how easily she was reading his problems, but he only shook his head, returning her his charming grin.

"Do not fall for her"

Well, that's too bad, he thought, watching Jaemin stand up and walk away to his room.

Because he already did, nothing can stop him from coming back to her.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════