1. 𝘏𝘌𝘕𝘙𝘠 𝘚𝘗𝘙𝘐𝘕𝘎.

" chapter one "
.HENRY SPRING.

•. 1 | HENRY SPRING walked through the halls of Truham (An all boys school). A bright smile on his face and headphones covering his ears. The song 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears' blasting through his ears as he passed many different people. He walked beside his twin brother, un-identical, Charlie Spring. The boy fixed his bag which hung on his right shoulder. He felt his brother nudge him slightly.

Henry removed his headphones, listening to the man over the speaker. "-There'll now be students from all school years in your new form groups, I hope you enjoy getting to know some fresh faces in registration each day."

Charlie looked down at his hand to see the room he was to be in. Henry patted his brother's back. "See you later, yeah?" He smiled before walking off. He walked toward classroom B25 with his headphones around his neck. The classroom was busy and filled with chatter as he entered.

"Oh! If it isn't Henry Spring. Happy New Year." The teacher greeted.

"Happy New Year, sir." Henry chuckled as he removed the headphones from his neck. He walked up toward the desk with a smile.

"Come to join Hamlet House?" The Teacher questioned.

"Indeed I am." The brunette chuckled lightly while putting his headphones back in his backpack. "Do you..." he looked around the room, nervously. "Do you know where I'm supposed to, uh, sit?"

"Ah, right," the teacher looked down at his seating plan. "Where did I put you on the seating plan? Ah, yes, you're over there." He pointed toward a small table where one boy sat, strawberry blonde haired boy sat. "He's in year 11, so only one year older than you. One of the rugby boys too, I think. I'm sure you'll get along swimmingly. Or you can sit in silence for the rest of the year. It doesn't really affect me in any way whatsoever."

Henry let out a fake chuckle with an eye roll when the teacher wasn't looking. Slowly, while dodging people in the classroom. The brunette stopped for a moment as the boy looked up at him. "Hello." Henry smiled at the boy, as he took a seat. "I'm Henry, by the way."

The boy smiled at him. "I'm Nick."

Henry looked back toward the teacher as he called names. His mind drifted as he zoned out, doodling on a piece of paper on the table. He loved to doodle. Especially to draw silly little animals. If you looked through his jotter, you'd find a little doodle, or doodles, on every page.

He loved art.

He loved music even more. Especially his guitar - both his electric and acoustic guitars. They were his favourite things in the whole world. He could play a few songs (mostly songs by the Arctic Monkeys) and he loved it. If you couldn't tell, he loved the Arctic Monkeys. He just adored their song 'I Wanna Be Yours'.

Before he knew it, the class bell rang. Henry glanced to his right, smiling lightly at the boy beside him, who gave a similar one back, before standing with his stuff, leaving to find his brother.

--

THE TWO would pass each other in the hallways. They would always greet each other. Sometimes they'd just see each other in a class. Obviously, they'd see one another in Form meaning they'd see each other every morning anyway. Henry glanced up from his phone, spotting Nick himself.

"Hi." They greeted each other with small smiles.

"Are you going that way?" Nick asked, gesturing down the hall. Henry chuckled.

"Well, I did just come from that direction." He joked pointing behind him. "But, yeah. I've got Maths with my brother." Nick looked down at the book in his hand.

"Same." He looked at him.

"Wanna go together? As in, walk together. " Henry questioned as he took a few steps forward. Nick nodded as they continued to walk. The brunette glanced at the work in the boys hand. "Is that homework? Are you doing your homework in school?" Henry sighed. "Nick." He pretended to scold him.

"I might be." Nick glanced at the boy with a smile before continuing to write.

"That's just mental." He shook his head with a small laugh. "You're mental. That work is for home only, young man."

"That makes me sound way cooler than I actually am." The boy smirked slightly before going back to his work. Henry looked down at the boy's paper. It was maths.

"do you even know what you're doing?" He jokingly asked.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"Do you need the answer? I can tell you, if you want." Henry put his hands in his pockets as he watched the boy. Nick looked up at him.

"Then I won't learn." Henry scoffed with a smile.

"You need help, let me help." Henry reached forward as Nick pulled away with a smile. They practically faught over the book when suddenly Henry felt something drag across his hand. He pulled away to find a blue pen mark. He let out a fake offended gasp. "That is just plain rude."

"Look..." Nick grabbed his hand. The brunette watched him with slight shock. He felt some sort of... spark when nick touched his hand. His eyes widened. He gulped slightly, brushing off the feeling as the boy drew two dots about the line, turning it into a smile. "Better?"

Henry pretended to think. "Well..." he got a nudge to the shoulder, making him laugh. "It's perfect. Thanks. I'll cherish it forever... or until I wash my hands."

------

New book! What are we thinking so far?