14. 𝘔𝘈𝘛𝘊𝘏.

" chapter fourteen "
.MATCH.

•. 14. | "SO, MY FRIENDS," Henry started as he jogged next to Nick, who looked at him. They were at a proper rugby match with the team against another team. The two jogged side by side with Charlie not so far behind them. "Are gonna come and watch me and Charlie play in a bit."

Nick looked at him. "All your friends?"

"Well, Tao, Isaac and Elle. " Henry corrected. "Me and Charlie said they didn't have to show up but being the amazing people they are... they did. Elle said they wanted to be supportive."

"Oh." Nick muttered. "That's... that's nice."

"Don't worry." Henry smiled at him. "I haven't told them anything and I won't until you're comfortable."

"Oh." Nick nodded before looking at him again. "Yeah, good. Thanks. You sure it's okay?"

Henry looked at him with a small smile. "Of course." Suddenly, he felt an arm wrap around his shoulders and go between him and Nick. It was Harry. He had a smirk on his face as he looked toward Henry and Charlie, who now jogged beside them.

"Not going to flake out today, are you?" Harry asked, referring to the Spring brothers. Henry shook his head. "We're counting on you?"

Henry could help but shudder with disgust as Harry walked back to his friends. Out the corner of his eye, he spotted the group getting closer. "Look, Henry!" Charlie pointed to them. "They're here." The boy suddenly rushed off toward the group causing Henry to chuckle and turn to Nick.

"Be back in a bit." He winked before running toward the group. "Your favourite person is here!"

"Really?" Elle gasped looking around after exiting the hug thy came from Charlie. "Where is he?" The boy looked at her with fake hurt and disbelief before hugging the boy. "I'm joking! I missed you!"

"Excuse me, where's our hug?" Tao looked at Isaac and back at the two boys.

"We see you two all the time." Charlie smiled at them.

Elle pointed to the two girls behind them. "So this is Tara and Darcy." Darcy waved her hands while Tara just smiled at the two boys. Henry waved back with a smile.

"Hi!" Henry smiled.

"Charlie, Henry!" Darcy walked toward them, throwing her arms around their shoulders. "My guys! I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm mainly here to get acquainted with the local gays, but, you know, You, Henry, and Nick Nelson are looking suspiciously couple-y." She spoke, directing her gaze at the boy on her right. "I thought you were straight, or are you...?"

Henry looked around with worry. "What?"

"Oh, my God, please ignore her." Tara jumped into the conversation.

"We—we're just friends. Best friends. He's my friend." Henry rubbed the back of his neck as he looked around at the group, his palms getting sweatier by the second.

"Well, friends as in friends, or friends as in friends?" Darcy smirked at the boy.

"I—well, uh..." Henry stuttered as he looked at the rest of the group for help.

"Darcy." Elle sent a warning glare toward her causing her to back away from the two boys. Henry felt a slight panic set in as he looked around at the group. The girl whispered something into Darcy's ear making her realise and

"How? Wait—there's not... rumours is there? Are there rumours?" Henry looked at her with panic.

"No, no. Nothing..." she whispered the last part. "...but my gay intuition."