20. 𝘔𝘐𝘓𝘒𝘚𝘏𝘈𝘒𝘌𝘚.

" chapter twenty. "
.MILKSHAKES.

•. 19. | Henry lay on his bed, headphones around his neck as he scrolled through his phone. He was waiting for Charlie. He heard his sister enter his door. "Tori, you can't be in here." He said in a sing-song tone before looking at her with a small smile. "Nick is gonna be here in a minute."

"Oh?" Tori said in a teasing tone. "I didn't realise you were in a committed relationship."

"Huh? What? No!" He blurted out as he sat up straight. "We're not... you shush."

"Wow. So not ready to tie the knot yet then?"

"Shush!" Henry threatened to throw his pillow when suddenly the loud knock of the door echoed.

Instantly, Henry rushed up and ran to the door, almost tripping over his own feet. As Nick Nelson entered his house and entered his room, the two were on the door doing homework. It was quiet as Henry unknowingly stared at Nick as he focused on his work. "What?" Nick asked, looking back at him. The boy merely hummed trying to hide the fact he was caught. "You were staring."

"Nuhuh. Liar." Henry smiled, looking back at his work.

"Yeah, you were."

Henry just chuckled before shoving the other boy lightly. "Just shush and do your homework." He lay on his stomach, looking at his paper as Nick made himself sit up and face Henry.

"You know, I was talking to Tara at rehearsal today... you heard she came out, right?" Nick looked down at the boy who just continued drawing little smiley faces on the corners of his homework.

"Yeah, proud of her. Saw it on Insta." Henry smiled as he put his pen down and looked up at Nick.

"I... told her we're together." Instantly, Henry sat up, looking at Nick. "I told her we're going out."

"Really?" The brunette questioned, trying his best to hide his appearing smile.

"If that's okay, yeah, I wasn't really thinking—" suddenly, Nick felt himself fall to the floor as Henry tackled him in a hug.

"Yeah! It's amazing. It's perfect. You're amazing. I'm so proud of you." Henry's voice was muffled in Nick's shoulder but the boy just laughed it off. Henry raised his head, leaning forward and kissing him. "Wait, hold up. You wanted to right? You didn't feel forced? Because there is no time frame, there's no need to come out straight away. You didn't feel forced because they know about me and not—"

"No, I wanted to. I wanted to tell them." Nick chuckled. The two boys kissed again. Henry couldn't help the chuckle that left his lips as Nick rolled them over, him now being above him and kiss him once more. As they pulled away and stared at one another for a moment, smiles took over their faces before Henry hugged him tight, rolling back over.

"I'm so proud of you." Henry squeezed his eyes shut as he hugged the boy close. Nick couldn't help the smile that took over as he hugged the boy back, digging his head into his shoulder.

"SO, how about to concert tomorrow night?" Nick brought up as he bent down, tying his shoe laces. Henry leaned against the white wall as they stood in the hallway at the bottom of the stairs. The brunette chuckled, pushing himself off the wall and looking down at the boy.

"You don't have to come, honest. It's a whole bunch of kids playing different Instruments, it's going to be fucking boring." Henry explained to Nick as the boy with the blue hoodie stood up.

"No, I want to support you."

"If you change your mind, that's fine. To be honest, I wouldn't blame you. I'd want to leave." Henry explained.

"And Tara and Darcy want us to go and get milkshakes with them before it starts." Nick told the brunette who crossed his arms as he listened. "Like a double date."

"A double date?" Henry muttered, slightly shocked. "I've never been on a double date, let alone a date with just another person."

"Me neither." Nick thought for a moment. "Want to go on one?"

"Did Nick Nelson just ask me on a date?" Henry smirked. "Well, of course. I'd love to." There was a small pause where the two boys stared at one another for a moment.

"Cool." Nick interrupted the small silence, reaching down for his bag and looking at the boy. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you." Henry smiled as Nick opened the door. The other boy glanced back as Henry leaned against the doorframe with a smile. As Nick walked to the end of the path and toward the gate, he turned back and waved before leaving down the street. As Henry turned and closed the door, he couldn't help but silently scream with joy before rushing up the stairs.

.•