27. 𝘉𝘖𝘠𝘍𝘙𝘐𝘌𝘕𝘋.

" chapter twenty—seven. "
.BOYFRIEND.

☆•. 27. | HENRY woke up that morning in a shitty mood for two reasons. One, it was sports day and though he was quite good at running, he didn't feel like getting up that morning. He felt drained. Two, Nick had messaged him that night, asking the boy if he was okay but he didn't respond, the question making him feel guiltier.

Both he and Charlie were on the red team. "I don't want to be here." Henry groaned as Charlie dragged him to the outside. "I already feel like shit."

"Hey, you'll be fine." Charlie looked at him with a smile. "If you feel anything going to happen, let me know and I'll get dad to pick us up or something. Okay?"

The brunette sighed before nodding. "Okay."

"Look, there's Elle and Tao!" The boy pointed out with a small smile as they walked over, hearing Coach Singh forcing him to run the 200 metre run. They knew how terrible Tao was at running.

"No... no protests!" Coach Singh pointed at him. "That's the only event with space left."

"But, Miss, I can't run!" Tao exclaimed.

"He really can't." Elle backed up his statement.

"Can't you?" The coach questioned.

"Well, not... not fast." The boy stepped forward, trying to find any way to get out of losing the 200 metres. Coach Singh only hummed, not believing him as she walked away.

"Swap." Henry shouted, ripping the red bib off his t-shirt and handing it out for Tao. "Swap bibs. I'll do it. I've got nothing else to do anyway."

"What? Why?" Tao looked at him with confusion.

"Two reasons. You hate running and you're also a shit runner. I'll do it instead. Now, Bib, please." Tao instantly removed his bib, handing it to Henry who shoved it on and ran right by them without another word.

"Thanks!" Tao shouted after him as he put on the red bib.

"Ignore him." Charlie spoke up, watching at Henry rushed off. "He's been a bit... off since yesterday. He wants to get this day over and done with, I suppose."

"Yeah, understandable." Elle smiled as she glanced back at Henry who was walking past Ben at the starting line.

"You obsessed with me or something?" Ben smirked at him.

"It's like you want me to punch you again." He snapped back as he stretched, getting into position behind the white line in the grass. He let out a breath as Coach Singh called for everyone to go to their starting positions. Henry contemplated tripping Ben as he walked passed but he didn't because then he'd have to explain why.

"On your marks!" The coach's voice shouted. "Get set!"

A loud whistle blew allowing all of the boys to take off in a run. Isaac, Elle, Tao and Charlie all watched from the sidelines — Tao now having mostly forgiven the two by this point. "I forgot he can run really fast!" Elle smiled as she cheered.

"Come on!" Tao shouted.

Obviously, Henry won the race. But Charlie watched from the side as he started walking up to Ben — who was laying on the grass. "Oh, no, what's he doing ?" He groaned, putting a hand to his mouth as he watched.