9. 𝐴𝑀 𝐼 𝐺𝐴𝑌?

" chapter nine "
.AM I GAY?.

•. 9. | HENRY sat in class, unknowingly cracking his knuckles as he zoned out. The class was filled with chatter as he stared down at the desk in fron of him. Soon, he heard the Nick Nelson sit beside him with a smile. "Hey." He greeted.

Henry's mind went somewhere else. His brain forcing him to create a reaction from Nick he didn't want to hear. Rejection. He felt his stomach drop as he zoned out once again, his eyes drifting toward the desk once again. "Henry?" A voice snapped him out of it. "Are-are you okay?"

"Hm? What?" He questioned, still partially spaced out.

"You just.. spaced out." Henry nodded with a hum as he looked down at his own hands. He felt Nick shift beside him, leaning closer toward him. "What? What's up?"

Henry froze slightly before looking at Nick, stuttering. "Uh, I uh..." he thought for a moment. "Do you... do you want to come round to mine?" He closed his eyes correcting himself. "My house. I mean, do you want to come round to my house after school?"

Nick couldn't help but chuckle. "Yeah, sure." He smiled.

.•☆༄ꨄ༄☆•.

HENRY sat in the living room, watching tv until a knock at the door echoed. As soon as it did, the boy jumped to his feet, rushing toward the door. He took in a deep breath before opening the door to greet Nick Nelson. "Hey." Nick smiled.

"Hi." He chuckled. "D'you wanna come in?"

"No, think I'll stay out in the cold, thanks?" Nick joked before shaking his head and walking inside. "Nice house."

"Thanks, I suppose." Henry chuckled as he closed the door behind Nick. "Down there is the kitchen, that's the living room. Help yourself, I guess." Nick nodded. "My room's just upstairs, so, yeah."

The two boys travelled upstairs to Henry's room. It was covered with posters and the first thing Nick noticed was the guitars in his room. Almost instantly, he rushed to take a look at them. "Woah.." he muttered. Henry chuckled as he sat on his bed.

"Yeah, I got those a few years ago for my birthday." He reached over, lifting his acoustic guitar to sit on his lap. "This one, I've had the longest." Nick slowly sat to the right of Henry, after taking off his jacket. The boy thought for a moment, his nails tapping against the base of the guitar. "Wanna try?"

"What, seriously?" Nick questioned making Henry nod. Carefully, Henry handed the guitar to Nick. After attempting to play some sort of song, Henry laughed at his attempts.

"My god, you are shit at this!"

"I'm trying!" Nick chuckled.

"Here, look, I'll help." Henry carefully moved over slightly, fixing Nick's hand which changed chords. Nick glanced at him as he felt Henry moving his hand to fit a certain chord. A strange feeling washed over him as he watched him. "Now, try."

Nick strummed the string and a noise rang out. "See! You're a professional."

"Well, I do try." Nick joked. "Here." He carefully handed the boy the guitar. "Play something."

"Like what?" Henry chuckled as the guitar was placed back in his hands. Nick shrugged making Henry shake his head before strumming his guitar, the familiar tune of 'Mary by Alex G' echoing out. A small smile appeared on on Nick's face as he watched the boy's concentration. Slowly, Henry glanced up noticing Nick's stare. "Uh," he placed his hand on the strings, stopping them. "Yeah."