CHAPTER 1: ANNETTE

Annette's POV:

"Bro! My father fixed my marriage! Next week the're coming! What am I supposed to do?!?"

"Listen gurl no need to worry so much, just try to tell them nah that you don't want to marry!"

"Katie, are you insane?!? Do u think I didn't do that obvious thing?"

"Oh well, so you did... Hmm so what did they reply?"

"Why are you being such a sickass?? As if you don't know what they at their utmost would say?"

"No...Right?"

"What else can you expect..."

I sighed loudly and stayed silent for a bit of moment. It's such exhausting when you are all alone and stuck with your toxic parents who are always busy within their own lovey-dovey world and don't bother to even pay attention to you.

It's very awful for me, they just wanna get rid of a burden like me. Well for that, even having 7.2 million bucks left ONLY IN ONE BANK OUT OF MANY, they find it too expensive for them to buy me a house, or a flat, or at the least a suite or room. But no. Marriage is the only way.

They want me to get married for another reason, and that's because I'm lesbian, and that too to a guy obviously. They think I'll forget I'm lesbian if I get married.

I told them about me being not attracted to guys but girls when I was just 16. They behaved just so harsh with me and didn't give me food for 1 and a half days. That may have been continued even longer had not my brother been by my side and renounced his food too.

Yes, my brother is just too kind for this world. He loves me more than our parents. We're from Los Angeles.

He accepted me just like I was, maybe because I was the only one who was always with him whenever my parents would not focus on us.

As he renounced his food, and because he is 'straight' according to them, they let both of us have food.

But always I get a worse food than him, if he gets chicken, I get egg, probably boiled or fried that's it. But I never envy him because he is the person due to whom I'm even getting a piece of food anyways. But he never seems to have any vanity or envy towards me either, rather he always offers better foodstuff which I mostly kindly decline.

Another thing happened which made us even closer,
And that is that he is bisexual.

He came out to me at the age of 15. He told me he liked guys much more than girls but somewhat likes girls too.
I told him not to worry much about it, rather focus more on his studies cuz that is what is necessary in his age.

He'll get much more time to enjoy having a partner but once these study years go away, they'll never come.

And most importantly, I warned him to never dare to tell about his sexuality to our parents. Because I know, once they get to know about him, they'll never treat him the same and make him feel like a rubbish just like me.

He is very sensitive and kind so I'd never want that to happen to him by any chance.

"Anne!"
"Anne!"
"Ms. ANNETTE!"

Katie's words snapped me out of my thoughts and brought me back to reality.

"Yeah yeah I'm listening, I'm listening..." I replied.

"Ya ofcourse you are! That's why I had to call out your name so many times!" Katie screamed back at me with sarcasm in her voice.

"Im sorry, I just... I just... "

"Zoned out... ofcourse"

Katie finished for me.

"Listen Annette, don't worry about your goddamn parents! They worry not a single bit about you or Ryan so just stop thinking about them."

"I understand what you're trying to tell me but-"

"But it's just than you are scared right? I know! So I'm here to tell you that, just keep your calm and patiently let the week pass by. Check the guy, if he seems genuine and not a jerk, then take some time and meet him alone. Tell him about yourself and your lack of interest in marriage with him. He might not be pressurized from his side and also understand your problem. Maybe if he tells his family that you weren't liked by him, they'll probably drop the decision and you might get some more time before another dick comes to visit."

I let all the words sink in and understand. She was quite correct. I should be more patient and not worry so much before even he comes. He might not even come also.

"I think all your words are correct. I'll do exactly that."

"That's mah girl. Now tell me something, what do you know about that guy? What's his name?"

"His name probably is... Go... Gour... Gourab... Yes Gourab."

"Gourab? I've never heard of that name... "

"I think he's Indian... He's coming from India."

"Wait what?! He's Indian! Omg I love India!"

"Then just marry him because I don't like India."

"Really? Well well well... Let's see how that guy would be, shall we?"

"Yeah..."

"Ok I'll hang up now, bye!"

"Bye!!"

I cut the call but suddenly, a chat message from a contact popped up on my screen.

It's she. Isabella. My college senior.

Pls kindly vote for this chapter if it made you curious (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤