CHAPTER 15 : THE CALL

GOURAB'S POV:

"Hello?" I questioned once I heard that chuckle from the other side of the call.

"Hi..." A light female voice spoke up.

"Who is this?" I inquired.

"Annette." She replied.

"Annette who?" I asked dumbfounded because I didn't know anyone who belonged to that name.

"What? You haven't heard my name yet?" The girl surprised, asked from the other side.

"No...who are you?" I asked again.

"I'm...I'm the girl with whom your marriage has been fixed! Your father and mother talked to my parents and gave me your number to call. You don't even know about it yet?" The girl exclaimingly questioned me.

It a dropped in front of me all of a sudden. I slowly comprehended everything.

"No I mean I know that my marriage has been fixed but my father didn't give me your number. Not even told me about you. I don't even know from where are you." I made my oblivious behavior clear to her.

As I heard a sigh from the other side, she continued,

"Um okay...so first things first, I'm Annette, my age is 21, I live in London. My parents had fixed my marriage with you a month ago and this Saturday we are going there to see you. Your father said that you have full consent in this marriage so my parents readily fixed my marriage." She answered my questions but that left me terribly shocked.

London?? That's so far from India! Oh my God! How the fuck did father even contact them? How is this even happening? I didn't know a single bit about all this happening!

"So...you also have your consent in the marriage?" I asked her back.

She remained quiet for a brief time and then spoke,

"Not really." She replied.

"And the reason?"

"I...can I tell you that later?" She apprehensively and slowly spoke. Maybe something she needs time before to tell me.

"Okay but let me tell you what... I have no consent in this marriage. My father lied."

"Wait what? Why?"

"Why as in why no consent or my father lying?"

"Both."

"Why my father lied...because he wants to forcibly do my marriage with a girl. Why I have no consent...I..." I didn't want to tell that suddenly yet to her.

"You can tell that later." She gave me relief and then said,

"Will you also tell me about yourself?"

I then began with a hmm and then said,

"I'm Gourab, my age is 29, I live in India and am a bengali. I'm currently employed at a nearby company and..." As I was speaking I realised 'why am I even telling all of this to her?' 'she ain't anyone to me and not by any fucking chance am I going to marry her!"

"Um... continue?" She said.

"No I won't. I am not going to tell you anything. And no way I am ever going to marry you! See I'm not saying I have a problem with you, no, you're alright but I have problem with this marriage! I HAVE NO CONSENT IN THIS MARRIAGE AND NEVER AM I GOING TO MARRY ANY GIRL." With that I ended the call abruptly without even waiting for her reply.

"কী হলো রে গৌরব?" Rup came walking from the kitchen to the living room where I was sitting.
(What happened Gourab?)

I stared at him and started wondering about so many things. How goddamn weird and confusing has my life become?! Why cannot I lead a normal and healthy life with my boyfriend?? Why do I have to keep running away here and there to save my identity??

Why life is so hard?

"কি রে.." Rup said again and brought be from my trance.
(Hey...)

I looked at him again and it struck my mind how pious and good this guy is. When there is every reason to be mad at me, he is still there sober and standing beside me just so that I can be happy.

As the emotions took over me, I became overwhelmed as tears filled my eyes and I rushed towards Rup and hugged him while crying on his shoulder.

He was first startled at my sudden action and turned stiff but hearing my sobs and crying noises, he melted and hugged me back.

"কাদিস না গৌরব। বল আমায় কি হয়েছে। আমি আছি ত।" He comforted me with his words and slowly I began.
(Don't cry Gourab. Tell me what happened. I'm here to listen.)

"The girl with whom my marriage was fixed had called." I answered him.

"What did she say?" He asked again.

"She is ready for this marriage. My father lied to her that I have full consent in this marriage." I answered between my muffs and sobs.

"কি বলবো আর..." Rup said and then also continued,
(Nothing to say...)
"Don't worry Gourab...just stay here. Nothing's going to get you in trouble."

Once I heard his soft voice, I calmed down a little.

"তুই কেনো এত করছিস রে আমার জন্য? কিছুই তো পাবি না তুই নিজের জন্যে, আমার খুশির জন্য তুই এত করছিস কেনো রে?" I asked him feeling even more guilty at his selfless helpful behavior.
(Why are you doing so much for me? You will get nothing for yourself at last, just for my happiness why are you doing so much?)

The words that followed next from him again made me more indebted to his pure love.

"That's the beauty of one-sided but true love babe."

I HAVE NOT CHECKED THE CHAPTER AGAIN BEFORE UPLOADING SO PLEASEE PARDON ANY INADVERTENT MISTAKES AND AM VERY VERY SORRY TO BE THIS LATE FOR UPLOADING.

BUT KNOW THAT NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO HAVE SOMETHING...INTERESTING ;) maybe dark :}