CHAPTER 14 : AT HIS HOUSE

Actually, Annette lives in Los Angeles. So the time difference between India and Los Angeles is 12 hours 30 mins (India is ahead). But I'm having trouble matching up these time zones so please...for the sake of the story, let us assume here that there is no time difference between these places. :)

************************
GOURAB'S POV:

Closing the door silently, I looked around my surroundings to make sure no one was watching me leave at 3:00 in the afternoon. I mean its nothing weird to leave but I need to make sure my parents dont catch me.

Even if neighbours see me its okay because like after one or two days they, and my parents, will obviously get to know that I've ran away from the house.

I wouldn't have done it in any other case worrying about my parent's reputation. But in this case, I will because 'নিজে বাঁচলে বাপের নাম' ।

They are the very cause I'm being bound to do so. Not like I didn't try to solve it by talking, I certainly did, that also many times. But if they won't budge, I also will find my way. Afterall my life is mine, they can't decide everything just because they brought my body to this world.

I made my way towards the main road where I'd find the cab I've booked for today.

My father isn't home, he's at work very far away. Chances of crossing paths with him is very low. Mother is taking a daytime nap and thus I made my way our of the house. So till now no one knows other than Rup that I'm leaving my house.

It was today morning I made the plan with him of leaving the house. He's really a very pious soul.

I was the most astonished by his last statement before cutting the call...

Seeing loved one happy is the great happiness. To keep him happy, if I need to sacrifice anything, I will, for that is the name of true love. I'm happy in your happiness. In making you happy lies my happiness, I can't get you but if you get Keshav, atleast you'd be happy. So, for your happiness, one time, I can renounce my own happiness.

It is highly appreciable how selfless he is. His love for me is. It had to be the very true love from his side, because otherwise it is not anyhow possible for someone to be so...I have no words to describe him. He really deserves someone who can give him the true respect he deserves. I just don't have the feelings for him, otherwise I would have showered him with the great respect and love he deserves.

As I got to the main road, I readily found my cab waiting for his passenger. Telling the driver the pin, I entered the car and made myself comfortable there for it's gonna be a 1.5 hour long journey. The cab driver will ofcourse be paid the deserving fare, maybe even more.

Right now I don't have work for I was granted a leave for two months. The distance of my office from my house is kinda the same from Rup's house. Like its at the midpoint of the distance between Rup's and my house.

I'm currently not at all worrying about the work because of all this shit going on in my life. Let this all settle down, then I'll consider.

I just put on my bluetooth earphones and connected it with my mobile. Playing some soothing aesthetic songs, I looked around the scenery from the car's window. So many people, trees, clouds, animals were being left behind with great speed as the car rapidly drove with great but controlled speed.

After sometime, I just took out my phone from my jeans pocket and scrolled throigh everything random without aiming at anything particular. As I was randomly going through my gallery, I found some pictures of Keshav and Me together.