Shock - Part 1

I read my one oneshot (I can't remember) and got a little bit inspired

• • •

Pov Simon
"Could you please give me that?" Mom points to a magazine that's on the sofa next to me. "Here" I stand up and bring it over to her. At that moment my phone rings. I look at it. It's an unknown number. "Hello who is there?" No Answer. "Guten Tag" I don't understand a word. "Could you please repeat that again?" I ask in English. "You don't understand German?" "Yes" "I just said hello" "Oh" "Are you Simon?" "Yes" I say slowly.

"About an hour ago there was a car accident that injured three people. We found this mobile phone in one of their jacket pockets and your number is entered as an emergency number in the emergency card" I turn pale. "What? Who?" I ask, stuttering.

"We didn't find any papers, so I thought you might be able to help me" says the person on the other end of the line. "So... wait... first of all, who are you?" I ask quietly. "Matteo Schmidt, I work for the police in Berlin." "Fuck Wille" I say with a trembling voice.

"Excuse me, could you please repeat that? I didn't understand you" I hear confused from my phone. I sit down on a chair. "I...I think I know who it is" "Fine. Could you maybe give me the name and preferably a photo so we can identify it. Because I don't suppose you can come by, do you?" "No, I can't come to Berlin quickly" I laugh briefly.

"You can google for pictures of him. It's probably Swedish Crown Prince Wilhelm." "Okay" he says slowly. "You can take my word for it" I say, a little calmer now. "What is your relationship to him? I need this, for the record" "He's my boyfriend" "Your boyfriend?" "Yes" "Could you please tell me your full name?" "Simon Eriksson" "Is this number always available?" "Basically, yes" "Okay, thank you" "No problem"

"Something else for a moment" "Yes?" "Will you tell his family or should I?" "I can do that" "Thanks. I'll call you again later" "Bye" he hangs up.

"Simon, what's going on?" Mom looks at me worried. "Wille, he... he probably had an accident" I say slowly. "Oh. How is he?" I shrug. "I know he's alive, but nothing more. I don't think they can tell me anything until he's identified." She comes to me and hugs me.

"I don't understand. He has bodyguards with him. Why can't they identify him?" "I don't know darling" a small tear rolls down my cheek. My phone rings again, this time it's Jan-Olof. "Hello" I say hoarsely.

"Simon. Do you know where Wilhelm is?" I hear his mother through the phone. "I... I just got a call. He might have had an accident..." "He had what?!" "A car accident. He's alive, but they won't tell me anything until they identify him." "Who called you?" "Someone from the police. Wille has my number on his emergency pass on his phone." "Okay... why didn't you call?"

"I wanted to do it right away. Another question, what about Malin and the others?" "Apparently Malin drove up, but Wilhelm and the others didn't arrive." "Okay. And what do you want to do now?" "I'm flying there. Even if Wilhelm is fine, I want to be there. I shouldn't have left him alone." "Well then, have a good flight" "You're coming with me"

"I what?" "You're coming with me. Wilhelm would like to see you for sure" "But I have school" I take a short break. "And not enough money" "One of my assistants is taking you out of school and you don't need money. We're flying in our own private jet, we're paying for you, so don't worry about that"

"When and where?" "The plane could take off in an hour" I hear in the background. "You should be ready in about 20 minutes, someone will pick you up" "Okay, thanks." "And please let me know immediately if you know anything new" "I will, I promise" she hangs up. "Did you overhear?" I look questioningly at my mom. She nods. "Let's go pack"

I sit in the car and look out the window. It won't be long before we're at the airport. A few minutes ago I got a call again. It is now certain that one of the three injured is Wille. He's undergoing surgery, but everything is going well so far. The driver and the bodyguard, who were also there, are fine except for a few bruises.

The door opens and I get out. I am led through a back entrance between two bodyguards. There are already so many reporters and other people here and now. I force a smile. After we finally arrived in the VIP area, I almost cry again. Luckily, Wille's parents don't really look any better. They both give me a quick hug and then we go to the plane.

The flight is normal. In between there is another question that is answered, but otherwise it is quiet. There are already at least ten articles about the pictures in Stockholm at the airport, with titles like

'The royal family meets the Crown Prince's boyfriend without him at the airport. Something happened?'

or

'That's how exhausted the boyfriend of the crown prince looks. Do they have a problem?'.

The police and two vans picked us up on the tarmac. It still feels so weird to travel like this. On the way to the hospital, I check my messages for the first time in several hours. Most of the ones I've gotten come from friends and classmates who are concerned about Wille and me too.

I jot down a few sentences in my notes, copy it, and mail it to whoever asked, since I can't possibly have the brain to message everyone individually. In the meantime, the first articles have appeared that talk about Wille in the hospital. One even mentions the hospital's real name, so it's going to have a lot of people in front of it, great.

I take a handkerchief, blow my nose and wipe my eyes with my sleeve. The next moment my door is opened by one of the police officers and I get out. Wille's parents also get out of the car in front of us. The way to the main entrance was provisionally blocked off and a total of around ten police officers are standing on the side and prevent people from coming to us. Wille's father comes to me and puts his hand on my shoulder, so we go in together.