Birthday

Pov Simon
"Happy Birthday Älskling" I press a gentle kiss on Wille's temple. "Thank you" he pulls me closer to him and sighs softly into my hair.

"What's up?" I look worriedly at his sad face expression. "It's actually nothing, except... it feels weird to be older than him now" he forces a smile. "I see" I push a strand of hair out of his face.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to..." he buries his face in the pillow. "Hey Wille, look at me" I tap him on the shoulder. He slowly turns back to me. "It's okay that you miss him, okay? Please don't ever think you're ruining anything by mentioning him." He stares at me for a while until a big smile forms on his lips.

"Have I ever mentioned how incredibly good you look right after you woke up? If not, I'm now doing it officially" he pulls me into a loving kiss. "Excuse me?! Am I only good looking in the morning?!" "Of course not" he grins. "You're the most pretty person in the universe and I belive you know that." "Yeah, I know. I just wanted to hear it again. And don't think I'll ever stop with it"

I free myself from Wille's embrace and stand up to take my pants, which are draped over the back of the chair, and put them on.

"Why are you getting up?" Wille asks, excessively offended. "There are people who, unlike you, want to have breakfast and need to work on their housework that they wanted to work on yesterday but didn't do it anyway. Also, you have a meeting later"

I take Wille's shirt that is lying on the floor and put it on. "And what do I wear?!" he looks at me indignantly. "There are still enough of your clothes in the closet that don’t smell like you anymore" I press a kiss on the tip of his nose with a grin.

On the way to the living room, Ayub almost runs into me. "Morning" he murmurs and disappears into his room, cursing under his breath. "Hey" I say, shaking my head.

He had a night shift at his job last night, and his mood is accordingly. But he's going to sleep now and as soon as he gets up again his mood will without a doub be better.

When we were all still at school, he and Rosh were of the firm opinion that they would never leave Bjärstad. Spoiler, they thought it was a really great idea to move into a shared apartment with me in Stockholm.

I open my laptop, plug it in since I forgot last night and start it up. I definitely have to clean up here later before the others come.

At that time I go into the kitchen, where, surprisingly, Wille is already sitting at the table. "Have you found your presents yet?" I look at him questioningly. He nods towards the bag that is standing on a chair next to him. Theoretically I could give it to him at his surprise party, but I wanted to make it a little more private.

"Why don't you open it?" I open one of the upper kitchen cupboards to take out two cups. "I wanted to wait for you" he blushes a little and stands up to wrap his arms around my stomach from behind.

"Coffee?" he nods. "By the way, Mom will bring you something later" I put the cup down and press a button on the coffee machine. "Did you tell her that I don't insist on getting anything from her for my birthday? And that I certainly don't need all the presents today?" "She can't be stopped from giving her favorite son-in-law his present on time on his birthday" I grin and stick the full cup under his nose. He accepts it gratefully and sits down.

While I'm making myself a coffee, he starts to unwrap my present. "That's... wow" his fingers run reverently over the surface of the self-made photo album. I sit across from him with my cup and rest my head on my hand to watch him. He looks at each photo and note for a long time before moving on to the next one. And to the next one. And so forth. Eventually he gets through the whole thing and thanks me for it with a few very enthusiastic kisses.

"Is that from you too?" he pulls a square box out of the bag. "No, it isn’t" I shake my head. "Malin asked me to give it to you on your birthday, since she's on vacation herself. She said something like, it's important that you get it as quickly as possible." "Okay" he begins to unpack the whole thing skeptically. A brown parcel box appears, which is well taped shut.

I notice Wille having trouble with this, so from where I'm sitting I open one of the drawers that I know has a pair of scissors in it.

Pov Wilhelm
I carefully cut the tape and open the box. At the top there is a card with a picture of me and Simon in the middle of a fit of laughter. I take it out and there's a lot of old newspaper at the bottom. Maybe it's something that is very fragile. I turn the card over and what feels like half a novel is written on the back.

"What is written there?" Simon curiously pokes his head towards me. "I'll give it to you as soon as I'm done reading" I take a sip of coffee and read the last few sentences. "Here" I press it into Simon's hand and slowly start to remove the paper from the box.

Out comes the snow globe that was still broken on my desk a few weeks ago, but now it seems to have been repaired. I take it out with a smile and shake it gently. It looks the same as it did before.

"I like Malin more and more every day." Simon pushes the card back to me. "Me too" I look at the kitchen clock. "I have to go" I gather up the wrapping paper and throw it in the trash. "That conversation with Minou about the state visit in two weeks?" I nod.

"When are you coming back?" "Immediately afterwards, so in three hours. Otherwise I have to eat with my parents and I really don't feel like that today. I'd much rather be here anyway." Simon pulls me into a hug. "Please drive carefully" "I will. And please work on your housework a bit, otherwise it will never be finished" "I will" he kisses me goodbye on the lips with a grin. "Bye" "See you later"

Pov Simon
"He's coming" Felice runs from the window back to us and nervously jumps from one foot to the other. "Nervous?" I ask with a grin, since this question answers itself absolutely. "No, not me" she crosses her arms over her chest. Behind her is Henry, leaning against the wall, giggling, and Walter next to him.

"You two are really lucky that there was a flight that wasn't completely booked" Maddie says in our direction. It may be that Felice had the idea of ​​organizing a small birthday party for Wille twelve days ago. It may also be that we only thought about who we could invite a week ago and it may also be that most of us only knew about it five days ago. But really, like a miracle, everyone except two people and Malin made it here.

A key turns in the door lock. Before the door opens, Mom quickly scurries from the kitchen into the living room.

"I'm back" I hear Wille. I glance over at Maddie, who is pressing her hand to her mouth and looks like she's about to laugh out loud. That's also one of the reasons why you can't play hide-and-seek with her.

"Anyone home?" From the sound of footsteps, he goes into the kitchen, but comes out again after a very short time. "Simon?" now he comes into the living room. When he sees us and the living room, which is very discreet but still decorated, his face lights up.

"Surprise" I go to him and hug him. "I love you" he whispers quietly, presses a quick kiss on my lips and then hugs Felice.

"He seems happier than he was, when I last saw him" Henry looks at me as if he needed confirmation from me for this statement. "He is" I look back at Wille, who is laughing while accepting a gift from Mom that is wrapped in Frog paper.

•   •   •

I can't get over the fact that we got season 3 content today, omg. And they are happy! Still scared tho.

Ideas or requests are always appreciated.