Was it about me again?

I had another idea with Freja. So, enjoy

•   •   •

Pov Wilhelm
"What's up?" Simon asks worriedly. "I just have a little bit of a headache" I force a smile. It's definitely a lie. I feel like my head is about to explode.

"Okay" Simon seems skeptical. "I'll wake up Freja for a moment and then I want to know what you mean by a little bit" he gives me a quick kiss on the lips and leaves the room.

A short time later he comes back in with Freja holding his hand. Her hair is still messy from sleeping and her pajamas are a little wrinkled.

"Good morning, my darling" I pick her up with a smile. "How did you sleep?" "Good" she puts her head on my shoulder. I kiss her hair briefly. "Get dressed and do your hair before breakfast?" she nods. "Okay"

We spend the next few minutes picking out clothes, putting them on and doing our hair, which is pretty relaxed today. Normally it's more stressful because Freja goes to a Förskola, she's definitely not a morning person and therefore almost falls asleep when getting dressed and stuff. She doesn't have to go until later today, so it doesn't matter that she slept a little longer.

We eat breakfast and spend some time together before Simon brings the little one to the Förskola. I quickly swallow an ibuprofen, then I go to the first meeting of the day. I know it's not ideal to just swallow medication just because I can go there, but I couldn't have done it any other way.

Pov Simon
"What's up?" I look at Wille worriedly. "Can we go to your mom's, please?" I put a comforting hand on his back. "Sure we can. Is there any particular reason for that?" "I need some rest. My mother and stuff." "I see" I smile and kiss him. "I'll just let mom know and pack a few things, then we can go." "Thank you" he hugs me. "For you always"

"Do you want to talk about it?" I look questioningly at Wille. We sit in the car and wait for Freja, who will be brought out in a few minutes. He shrugs his shoulders.

I place my hand on his. "Was it about me again?" he shakes his head. "No, so yes. Indirectly. It was about Freja" he takes a deep breath, looks out the window briefly and then turns back to me.

"She is of the opinion that we wanted a child and we knew back then that they would be the next in line after me, so we should show our daughter in public and not keep her out of the picture like we do. After all, they've done it with me and Erik too and it didn't harm us a lot" he laughs briefly.

"When I was eight I felt like I wasn't good enough. I've had panic attacks since I was quite young. I could talk to my therapist for hours every day about my problems because there are so many of them." he keeps tapping his leg nervously. I carefully take his other hand and wrap my fingers around it.

"Erik wasn't doing so well either. He always acted as if nothing was happening, but I knew him so well that I noticed that he felt the same way as me. Not as bad as me, but still." he hesitates briefly.

"I just don't want her to feel the same way. She should be able to enjoy her childhood. That's how it is, isn't it?" I nod. "Sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough as a da-" I kiss him softly.

"You're good enough. Remember when I had the same feelings and you just said, that I am the best dad she could ever have? You are that too. Your the best dad Freja could ever have. She loves you with her whole heart and she trusts you. So stop telling yourself that you're not good enough, okay?" he nods slowly.

"Look who’s coming" he points to the window on my side. I look out and smile. "You or I?" "I" Wille gets out and greets Freja with a slight smile on his lips.

Pov Wilhelm
"Dad?" "Yes?" I look behind me questioningly. We have already arrived, but since it is currently not possible to drive to the house due to a construction site, we have to wait until our bodyguards get there because, to quote my mother, we are not allowed to set foot outside the door unless we have at least one, if not have even more bodyguards with you.

Freja, who is no longer sitting in her child seat, slides into the middle of the back seat and stands up. I look at her confused, then at Simon and before I know it she has wrapped her arms around me for a big hug.

"What have I done to deserve this?" I ask after a while, her arms still wrapped around me. "You look like you could use it" I smile. "Thank you" I carefully brush a strand of hair out of her face.

"I love you" she says quietly. "I love you too" I kiss her on the hair.

"Is your headache better?" I nod. He puts his arm around my waist, grinning. "Why are you looking like that?" "It just occurred to me that mom has a new neighbor, which could potentially lead to a funny situation" he giggles. "Right"

"Papa?" Freja looks questioningly at Simon. "Yes, sweetheart?" he falls to his knees a little. "Can I run to Grandma’s?" I look around briefly, no one's here. Then I look at Malin, who nods briefly. "Yes, you can" Freja doesn’t have to be told that twice. She turns around and runs away.

"Where were we?" Simon asks as he stands up again. "New neighbor, funny situation" "Ah yes, right" he takes my hand, fingers interlocking.

"Do you think she knows who mom is?" "Maybe, maybe not. It's been a few years since you made a public appearance together." "We'll see" I nod. We walk side by side in silence for the last few meters.

Linda is standing in front of the front door with Freja holding her hand. She has a large basket tucked under her arm and is talking to a woman about our age.

"Mom" she turns to us and smiles. "Hey you two" she hugs us one by one and turns her attention back to the woman she was just talking to. She in turn stares at us.

"I knew it" Simon whispers in my ear, grinning. "Shut up" I shove my elbow into his ribs. Linda clears her throat good audibly. Simon looks at me and for some inexplicable reason I laugh.

We are introduced to Lena and talk to her for a few minutes before we go inside.

I wrap my arms around Simon from behind and rest my head on his shoulder. "Don’t you want to eat?" he looks at me questioningly. "I still want to. But you have to set priorities" I kiss him on the neck with a grin. "Priorities. I understand" he laughs.