Gryffindor Versus Slytherin

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoy the chapter! :)

As they entered November the Slytherin team began practicing even harder for their first match against Gryffindor. Practice stretched from two hours to three and Flint expected all of them to go for runs in their spare time. Lyssa only internally dared to question how running would improve their ability to play a sport on brooms, but she did the runs all the same.

Lyssa reasoned that part of Flint's motivations to train them harder had to do with the fact that Harry Potter had been named Gryffindor's new seeker. Most of the Slytherins laughed this off as favouritism for the boy who lived but Flint knew better than anyone just how good first years had to be to make the house teams.

So that chilly Saturday morning Lyssa stalked down to the Slytherin change rooms after breakfast and put on her emerald green quidditch jersey. This was the first time she'd worn it since Flint had given it to her a couple of days ago. It was tightly fitted and had her last name and number on the back. WILEY 09. She didn't know what number to pick when Flint had asked her so she went with her birthday, November 9th. That was today. It occurred to Lyssa that winning her first quidditch game on her birthday would be quite a treat.

The team stalked onto the field together and the crowd roared. All but the Slytherins were booing but the green house held their own as they cheered twice as loud as any other when their players entered the pitch. Lyssa stood between Flint and Pucey as the Gryffindors walked onto the pitch after them. All of them were surprised to see Lyssa standing there, but, made no comment about it in front of Madame Hooch.

"Now I want a nice clean game, all of you," the referee said to the group of players gathered around her. She seemed to be particularly talking to Flint. "Now," she continued, "Mount your brooms, READY? GO!" The players sped up off the ground as Madame Hooch tossed the quaffle into the air. One of the Gryffindor chasers made to catch it but Lyssa beat her to it. This was Flint's game plan, using Lyssa's small stature and speed to outfly the Gryffindor chasers. Once she had escaped them Lyssa would pass the quaffle to Flint or Pucey, as they were admittedly better at shooting than she was.

"And the quaffle is nicked immediately by Slytherin chaser Lyssa Wiley," the announcer boomed, "Right under Johnson's nose," he added. "Wiley darts down the pitch, wow, that girl is fast, and she passes to Slytherin captain Marcus Flint. Flint's at the goalposts and he shoots!" Lyssa watched as the ball soared right past the Gryffindor keeper and through the middle hoop. "SLYTHERIN SCORES!" The boy shouted.

But the game was far from over and soon Wood had passed the quaffle to one of his chasers. Gryffindor was good but Slytherin had the upper hand. They hadn't been expecting a player like Lyssa and so they quickly fell behind as she was able to dart in and out of the players. A few bludgers were thrown her way by the Weasley twins but Flint had assigned Fairbairn, one of their beaters, to watch out for her. Flint knew that Gryffindor would figure out that their best shot was to get Lyssa out of the sky.

Soon the score was 110-30 for Slytherin. It seemed that for every goal Gryffindor made Slytherin would score two more just to rub it in. Lyssa had the quaffle once again when something strange happened. Someone was shouting, and this was louder than when they were shouting about some dirty play. Lyssa soon realized they were shouting about Harry. She looked up and saw his broom moving in an odd way. Everyone else kinda stopped but Lyssa seized the opportunity. She flew to Gryffindor's end of the pitch and launched the ball through the hoops. Nobody noticed, not even the Gryffindor keeper, who had his back turned to her. She did this a few more times before Harry's broom settled and the players resumed their plays.

"Now after that odd display from Gryffindor seeker Harry Potter," the announcer continued, "The score sits at 150-30 for Slytherin." A murmur swept across the crowd before the announcer realized what had happened, "My mistake folks it seems as if while I was distracted along with everyone else some points were scored. That would be Lyssa Wiley with four goals for Slytherin while everyone's backs were turned. I won't call this cheating 'cause it isn't but I personally believe if this is the only way the new Slytherin chaser can score they find a replacement."