The Hospital Wing

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoy the chapter! :)

"What the bloody hell do you guys think you're doing?" Lyssa growled as the two boys in front of her changed into Harry and Ron.

"I don't really see how that's any of your business," Ron huffed as he unsuccessfully tried to move past Lyssa.

"Well, one, you broke into my common room," Lyssa started, "Two, you most definitely incapacitated two of my housemates and, three, you did all this to ask questions about someone targeting people with my blood status. So I think it's fair to say you owe me an explanation if you don't want me to tell anyone what you've just done." The two boys exchanged a nervous look before Harry opened his mouth to speak.

"We're trying to find out who the heir is," Harry said. Lyssa pondered this for a moment, the only Slytherins still here other than Crabbe and Goyle were herself and Malfoy and she would have no reason to cover for the heir.

"You think Malfoy knows who it is," Lyssa stated. Harry nodded.

"We thought it might be Malfoy," Ron mumbled.

"How could you possibly look and Malfoy and think he's the heir?" Lyssa asked incredulously, "Everyone knows he's all bark and no bite."

"After we found out that the chamber had been opened before we thought that maybe Malfoy's dad had done it and showed him how," Harry explained.

"So you thought that Mr. Malfoy was, what, in his mid-sixties? You really saw him in Diagon Alley and thought, hmmm, that man seems like he's on the brink of geriatrics?" Lyssa demanded. "Honestly how do you two function without any ounce of basic logic?"

"Maybe it wasn't the best plan but at least we're trying to do something!" Harry grumbled.

"Has it ever occurred to you guys that maybe you're not supposed to do anything? Last year we all almost died trying to save the stone. Things like this should be left to the grown-ups." Lyssa reasoned.

"So you haven't done anything about all this?" Ron countered, "You're just living life like nothing's happening?"

"I didn't say that," Lyssa refuted, "I'm just not going out of my way to figure out who's behind it. Not everything is a big mystery for you guys to solve, people's lives are at stake, your lives could be at stake."

"Wow careful there Lyssa it almost sounds like you care about us," Harry chided.

"Yeah, don't want people to hear you saying stuff like that," Ron added.

"Don't be ridiculous," Lyssa shrugged, "I just see no reason for you guys to end up dead." She turned to leave and go back to the common room but stopped short, "If someone in Slytherin were the heir they wouldn't go around announcing it, even to other Slytherin's. You never know who could be listening." She knew they wouldn't stop looking, but at least now if someone asked she could honestly say that she warned the boys against it.

𝀈𝀈𝀈

Winter holidays soon came to an end and the hustle and bustle of everyday life at Hogwarts returned. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary happened at all really. Lyssa had almost learned to ignore Malfoy's constant presence and was otherwise enjoying her year. Quidditch practices were going well and they won their match against Ravenclaw easily, Malfoy had even caught the sitch.

As Easter rolled around the second-years had been asked to start picking their electives for the next year. They had to choose at least two and whatever ones they picked would stay on their schedules until they finished their O.WL.s. Lyssa was putting a lot of thought into her choices as she knew they could affect her job prospects in the future.