An Unlikely Alliance

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoy the chapter! :)

Things moved quickly when Lyssa returned from her holidays. The professors were adamant that exams were just around the corner and that they had to be prepared. Still, Lyssa kept her head down and stayed out of trouble. She was getting much better sleep since she found the Room of Requirement and dedicated all of her free time to plotting her revenge against Pansy.

It wasn't until after the Easter holidays that trouble seemed to find Lyssa again. She had overheard Malfoy telling his gang that Harry Potter had gotten a dragon and he'd be up that night trying to smuggle it out of the castle. No one else seemed to believe the blond-haired Slytherin boy however and he resolved to catch them in the act himself that night. Lyssa questioned where he got his information from at first but then realized that having to smuggle a dragon out of Hogwarts was exactly the kind of thing that Harry and his friends would get themselves into. Lyssa laughed to herself as Malfoy stormed around the corner.

"What are you laughing at, Wiley?" Malfoy fumed.

"Oh, nothing," Lyssa had stopped laughing but couldn't keep the smile from her face.

"I suppose you think I'm nuts as well then," he said. Lyssa raised an eyebrow in response. "Would I be wrong to assume you heard all that then?" Malfoy gestured back towards where he had been speaking to his friends.

"Oh, yeah," Lyssa shrugged, "I heard that."

"Then you are laughing at me!" Malfoy was fuming with anger, Lyssa wouldn't have been surprised if smoke started coming out of his ears.

"For god's sake Malfoy I'm not laughing at you get a grip."

"Then why are you laughing?" Malfoy demanded.

"Because," Lyssa said, "That is exactly the kind of mess Harry would get himself into, more bravery than brains, that one,"

"So you believe me?" Malfoy was shocked.

"Yeah, I guess so," Lyssa was going to leave when Malfoy grabbed her arm.

"Then help me catch him tonight!" Malfoy suggested. Lyssa wrenched her arm out of his grasp.

"Let me think about that for a second." Lyssa put her finger to her chin in mock consideration, "No thanks, have fun Malfoy." She turned to leave when Malfoy stopped her again.

"I can get Pansy to stop locking you out of the dorms," he said.

"A tempting offer Draco, but I can do that myself," Lyssa said, "Cheers though, I'll remember your generosity."

"I'll do all your homework for a week," he offered next.

"And lose my spot at the top of the class?" Lyssa laughed, "No thanks."

"Please, Wiley?" Malfoy was begging now. She looked him up and down.

"Give me one good reason why I should come," Lyssa demanded.

"Because I'm asking," Malfoy stated as if this was good enough, upon seeing Lyssa was unconvinced he added, "And I'm the best."

"Goodbye, Malfoy," Lyssa said as she turned and walked away.

"Fine," Malfoy droned, "Because I know you haven't been in the dorms at night and you haven't been caught. I thought if you came with me I'd be less likely to get caught."

"Meet me down the hall from the Gryffindors' dorms after curfew." Lyssa didn't even look back as she said it, but she knew that Malfoy was thankful that she'd agreed.

𝀈𝀈𝀈

"So what exactly is your plan here, Malfoy?" Lyssa asked as the two of them waited down the hall from the Gryffindor common room.