The strangest day

This day was about as normal as it can get when you have god's killer on campus training some devils. Except this day was strange for a plethora of reasons, Xenophanes was found sitting on the ground in his natural form watching the sun rise. Why was this strange? He was reminiscing about the past, when he was just a small hedgehog and the first time he lost.

To him he felt disgraced, he was supposed to be god. He was supposed to be the only winner. There was supposed to be no victory for his victims. The only one who was allowed to relish in laughter was him not them. He did everything he could and yet they still won. It was only once, but that one time showed him that he wasn't truly all powerful.

Even if it tore his ego to shreds it showed him something nothing could ever show him. The six victims he had planned to kill had all sat down and watched the sunrise after an entire night off horror and deadly tension. Xenophanes hid behind a rock watching his victims, but when the sun was rising he found himself enamoured by the golden light. Many years he played his games either in the fiery fields of hell or in the hidden horrors of night.

Never had he seen the sun rise, it was something he would remember for the millenniums to come and ever since then he always cherished every morning watching the sun rise.

So, he sat. Watching the sky turn from black, to a cold blue, and finally to a warm orange. He sat, enjoying the sight.

After some time he got up and walked back into the building and pulled out a briefcase. He pulled out some papers and began writing on them.

Xenophanes: Let's see here. If I had disappeared for this long. And the cost is that much per month. Hmmm.

He was viewing over the papers making sure to write the right information. He pulled out a calculator and started to punch in some numbers.

Xenophanes: And if we take into account the interest rate...

He continued writing down numbers and doing the math.

Xenophanes: Make sure I split the cost proportionally as to not fuck over the smaller lands...

He then took out of what appears to be a map of current day hell. He took out a second map showing hell when he first arrived. He took out a ruler and started to inspect each border placed.

Xenophanes: Keep in mind that they destroyed land in the process...

He measured the maps carefully as to not mess up anything.

Xenophanes: So they removed around 12% of the land...

He continued to work on measuring the maps and it's sizes.

Xenophanes: And since they made new land in it's place. I think that would balance it out.

He continued doing the math to see how much this would be in the end.

Xenophanes: How long should I give them? Now, of course I doubt they could pull this out in a day...

He scratches his head with his pencil.

Xenophanes: Maybe, 5 years or so. Hmmm...

He looks down and the numbers he's written and the maps and puts them away.

Xenophanes: That should do it.

He nods and puts them in his briefcase.

Xenophanes: Alright. Now that that's done. Time to get the devil bastards exercising again.

He walks to the bedrooms where they're sleeping and loudly bangs on it.

Xenophanes: WAKE UP YOU FLYING RATS!!!

The Orc work up immediately and got changed. They walked to the training field each with bags under their eyes.

Xenophanes: Alright. Today's the last day of training.

Issei: Didn't we just start yesterday?

Xenophanes: That's correct, however. There was two things I realized. 1. You lot are absolutely pathetic. And 2. The summit meeting will take place tomorrow.

As you could tell, one was the truth, and the other was personal. Guess which one was which.

Xenophanes: So. I decided that the last day will be a simple tournament. Issei vs Akeno, Rias vs Koneko, Xenovia vs. Kiba, and Asia vs. Gasper.

The Orc looked at each other and nodded. Xenophanes snapped his fingers and the training ground turned into a battleground. First up, Akeno vs Issei. A public humiliation. She weaved and mocked that guy so hard, his reputation just went lower than bedrock. Next up, Rias vs Koneko.

Xenophanes: And, begin!

The battle started and it looked pretty good for Rias in the beginning. Using here power of destruction pretty neat like using it to blow up the terrain to make it harder for Koneko to get an advantage, however. Koneko finally tapped in to her cat girl powers and was now catching up to Rias. Sadly, since she hadn't got much control over them she exhausted herself quickly and lost the match.

Next match. Asia vs Gasper. This match was pretty even. Mostly because neither of them can actually box, it soon became of battle of endurance. The two did "fight" each other per say but in insults, and both were unable to win because they were both benign in nature, which ended up giving a lackluster match overall. The match eventually ended with Gasper's social anxiety making him forfeit.

Xenovia vs Kiba. A complete 180 from the last "match", if you could even call it that. Filled to the brim with excitement. Two opposing sides yet both on the same coin. An honorable battle between ideologies, blades, and beliefs. The match was without a dull moment. Always watching in excitement wondering who would come out on top.

The match ended with the two both on their last legs. They both stood up valiantly and delivered their final blows. In anime fashion, Kiba fell to his knees first, but Xenovia fell unconscious first. Now that the first rounds are done with. Let's move into the semifinals.

Rias vs Kiba. An interesting match to say the least. You'd think with his speed he could blitz her and finish the fight, right? No, Rias was able to use her power to surround Kiba then finished the fight with a pod shot.

Akeno vs Asia. Oh boy, where to begin with this one? Let's just say, there was a dominatrix in the fight, and she really let loose.

Akeno vs Rias. The final fight of the day. King vs Queen. Fallen angel vs Devil. Childhood rivalry. Finally. It had arrived. The first strike, the two sent out their attacks, Rias fired her pod and Akeno a massive bolt of lightning. The two clashed creating a massive explosion. In the midst of the dust, the two ran at each other and duked it out. Blow for blow. The two were going at it, each trying to damage the other the hardest they can.

The two battled on and on, almost lasting an hour long. The two were beaten black and blue yet neither wanted to give up. It comes down to one last attack. Rias and her Power of destruction, and Akeno, with the power of the lightning. The two fired their magic and they were in a beam lock. The two held firm pushes their respective beams further. Akeno was close to winning pushing her lightning closer to Rias, but she was quickly losing power. Rias took advantage of it and poured her power into the blast decimating Akeno, making Rias the victor of the tournament.

Xenophanes: I've got to say. That was some of the best fighting I've seen from you eight in ever. Go back inside and clean yourselves, tomorrow we have a meeting to attend.

(Heyo, sorry for the sudden hiatus. I suddenly lost the steam to write this story but after hearing fanmade remixes of the sonic exe chasing theme I started to write again. Sorry for the hiatus.)