The sovereign

Also,i forgot to mention that in the previous chapter and this one, Ruby was wearing black boots with brown lining and a red sash. Amber was wearing brown boots with golden lining and a silver cape with an aquamarine holfing it together.
        When,the guardians got to the shiny golden palace of the spvereign,it sent some chills down Ruby's spine. She was definitely not used to this. After greeting the high Priestess Ayesha, the high priestess proceeded to thank the guardians for their services. Then,this happened.
"We thank you, Guardians, for putting your lives on the line. We could not risk the lives of our own Sovereign citizens. Every citizen is born exactly as designed by the community. Impeccable, both physically and mentally. We control the DNA of our progeny… germinating them in birthing pods." Ayesha said.
"I guess I prefer to make people the old-fashioned way."Quill replied. Really? One exasperated thought curtesy of Ruby.
"Perhaps someday, you could give me a history lesson… in the archaic ways of our ancestors. For academic purposes."
"I would be honored, yes. In the name of research…I think that could be pretty, uh…" Quill replied,but he saw Gamora giving him a death glare. Jealous much Gamora? Ruby thought.
"…repulsive.I’m not into that kind of casual…"Quill continued.
Thankfully,Gamora stepped in before things could get any worse.
And then they claimed our reward. Nebula's bounty. Imagine all those units the guardians could have now....
So many shenanigans and stories to tell now.
Then,Rocket stepped in.
"You know,they told me you people were conceited douchebags,but that isn't true at all." He said and winked with his left eye. The sovereign's expression just said it all. Wrong eye again Rocket.
They eventually left when Drax said,"Count yourself lucky they didn't kill you."
"You're telling me. Wanna buy some batteries?"
The two of them snickered as Ruby's eyes widened. This is the part where we die i guess. It was nice knowing you all. Ruby thought. Time to die :).