Frenemies

Rocket opened the door with a sharp yank,to see Quill standing in front of him. Great. Just. Fucking. Great.

"THE FLARK YA WANT AT THIS HOUR...quill?!" Rocket yelled in his face in intense frustration, but ultimately unable to finish with his usual snappy flair due to his huge lack of sleep.

Peter noticed this and all he really wanted was to come by and check on him. He knew it warranted a 'what the flark ya want' moment,but he didn't realise he was THIS agitated. But no,he came to talk about something that he's certain,is biting at Rocket too.

"No,i actually just wanted to come around and check on you,man. You've been a bit.....off-color lately."

"Off-color?! I'm flarkin fine,Quill. Now go away."

"Well,you do know about the whole you and Ruby thing?"

"What's it matter to you? We're just friends you idiot."

"Just friends,right."Peter said with a half-teasing and sarcastic tone that earned a huge sigh from Rocket.

"Look,there is nothing more between us,Quill. So fuck off if that's all your here to say."

"Look,its obvious that the two of you like each other."

"Literally just said i didn't want to hear you talk about the two of us."

"Look man,i just want to help you two, and I can tell that your afraid to confess."

"Afraid?! I am not afraid! I just don't like her that way,so stop already Quill." Rocket replied in annoyance.

Peter sighed heavily,"Look,i know its hard to confess....but if you keep it all bottled up inside for too long,it might make you feel worse and more miserable."

Rocket wanted to rebuke,but he knew Peter was correct. For the past few days,he had been pretty miserable with this whole him and Ruby situation,which really explains why he had been more of an asshole than the asshole he usually is.

"FLARKIN FINE QUILL,I'LL GO TELL HER! But if this doesn't work out,i am gonna fucking blow up your quarters!"

"You are not allowed to blow up my quarters!" Peter replied before fleeing Rocket's room,but not without smirking when out of Rocket's sight.

Next chapter:17 Mar 2024