Realisation

After the 700 jumps, Rocket felt incredibly sick, feeling like throwing up alongside Yondu. And as for Groot, silky green liquid poured out of his mouth like a waterfall.

"What the hell are you doing boy!?"

"I could tell by how you talked about him this Ego is bad news! We’re here to save Quill!"

"For what huh? For honour, for love?"

"No, i don't care about those things! I'm wanna save Quill so i can prove i'm better than him! I can lord this over him forever!"

    At this, Yomdu only laughs in response.

Rocket, confused, asked,"What are you laughing at me for?"

"You can fool yourself and everyone else...but you can't fool me. I know who you are."

"You don't know anything about me, loser."

"I know everything about you.I know you play like you're the meanest and the hardest, but actually you're the most scared of all."

"Shut up!"

"I know you steal batteries you don't need, and you push away anyone who's willing to put up with you, 'cause just a little bit of love reminds you of how big and empty that hole inside you actually is! And you won't even admit that you like that flerken fake!"

"I said shut up!"

" I know them scientists that made you, never gave a rat's ass about you!"

"I'M SERIOUS, DUDE!"Rocket's voice started to crack as the painful memories of his past flooded his mind.

"JUST LIKE MY OWN DAMN PARENTS, WHO SOLD ME, THEIR OWN LITTLE BABY, INTO SLAVERY!"

Rocket flinched at this. He never knew about Yondu's past, you see.

"I know who you are, boy…because you're me!"

       After staring into each others' eyes for about 2 to 3 minutes, Rocket spoke up,"....what kind of a pair are we?"

"the kind that’s about to go fight a planet, I reckon."

"All right, okay! Good...wait...fight a what?"