Doubt take 2

After the beautiful firework display,Rocket was sitting in his room tinkering again. No matter what everyone says,he can't gather the confidence to confess to Ruby....but what would she wanna know anyway? He's Rocket for flark's sake! He's tough badass who steals and guns down some assholes! Being soft is so....it makes him want to puke.

I know you steal batteries you don't need, and you push away anyone who's willing to put up with you, 'cause just a little bit of love reminds you of how big and empty that hole inside you actually is! And you won't even admit that you like that flerken fake!

    Yondu's words rang in his mind.Sure,he was right,he admited it already,didn't he? And he was right,he won't admit he likes Ruby. Maybe,its best if it stays that way. Being just friends.

    Maybe,just maybe.

    Rocket groaned heavily as he gave up on tinkering upon realising these troublimg thoughts keep penetrating his concentration. He decided it'd be best to sleep his worries off. And if that doesn't work,there's always alcohol.

    After a few blissful hours of sleep,a loud knock sounded at the door.

   Rocket was fuming at his lack of sleep. It was only 3 fucking hours of sleep,and the asshole who knocked is really gonna get it.

Next update:28 Feb 2024