The Inner Workings

In the vast and wide multiverse, each and every one of the universe has an infinite set of timelines.

Although, what makes them unique is the fact that each and every one of those infinite timelines is created by a concept unknown to most, called the "Worldline"

Each timeline is supposed to represent each and every possible outcome and action in that universe.

But each and every one of those timelines acts almost as a cassette tape, it can only progress further to what it has been given.

And the way these timelines operate depends on the theme and story of the AU.

For example.

Dusttale.

There can only exist a loop of eternal suffering.

There is no such thing as a happy ending for anyone residing within Dusttale regardless of how many timelines there are.

However, there can be some instances where in a certain timeline, one of the entities breaks that supposedly inevitable progression by opening up a new path, a new path that was never considered by the Worldline.

A path that is not even considered to be a timeline.

An Anomaly.

Once this happens...

The universe prolapses.

As law, order, space, and time in that very universe...

Begin to malfunction under this anomaly.

Which marks the end of any universe that unfortunately falls victim to it...

It is pleasant to know that the chances of this are next to impossible...

But never zero.