Chapter 8

"Shit!" Dust yelled as he summoned multiple layers of barriers in an attempt to stop the incoming attack.

However, each and every one of them had begun to crack under pressure as it slowly narrowed down to one singular barrier holding it all.

Dust struggled to keep the barrier stable, while Horror and Killer were quickly thinking of a way to distract this beast and escape.

Both Horror and Killer looked at the barrier and then The Behemoth, they looked down, turning their heads towards each other almost instinctively as they both nodded in agreement on what they should do.

"Aim for the trunk right, hunter?" Killer spoke, gripping his knife as he smirked.

"On the spot," Horror spoke as he gripped his axe.

And so at the same time, the two used as much strength as they could gather to send multiple curving slashing attacks towards the top of The Behemoth's trunk.

In hopes of easing up the work Dust had to do, they hoped their attacks were enough...

But unfortunately, nothing changed.

Soon enough the three were about to fall straight to the void if the barrier breaks.

What could they do now?

...

Suddenly, multiple positivity arrows were shot at The Behemoth's trunks, causing it to slightly stumble back as the arrows were then followed by barrages of ink beams and red Gaster Blaster beams.

The three looked over to see that, Ink, Dream, and Error had arrived as well.

"Perfect timing you guys," Dust spoke, smirking as he put down the barriers before using his Gaster Blaster to fly out of The Behemoth's reach, now side by side with the other half of their team.

"What's the plan?" Dust asked.

"...There's not really a plan, just give it your best shot to beat this thing," Ink replied.

"...On it," Dust replied.

Hell, how much time has passed already?

I feel tired.

I also can't stop moving at the same time.

Bodily instincts or something...?

Whatever.

Most likely...

It's because I've got people to protect.

...

Whoever this mastermind may be...

"He'll never take this away from me," Dust thought, slightly pissed off as he sighed.

"Right now... I'm sure everyone's thinking of the same thing,"