SWEET POTATO CURRY

Asalam alaikum lovely people of this world.potato is one of my favorite veggie .so ,try this curry yet it is simple and require less time than the other

Ingredients
2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
1 cup onions chopped finely
1 cup red ripe tomatoes chopped
1 slit green chili
1 tsp. grated ginger or ginger paste
1 sprig curry leaves
1 to 1 ½ tsp. Coriander powder
½ tsp. garam masala
½ tsp. red chili powder
⅛ tsp. turmeric
Salt as needed
Oil as needed
¼ tsp. mustard
½ tsp. cumin
Pinch of hing

Method

Step1
If you do not have coriander powder, add 2 tsps. Coriander seeds and then garam masala powder and red chili powder to a dry blender jar and powder together. That helps to make a fine powder.

Step2
Heat oil in a pan, add cumin, mustard, and allow them to splutter. Add ginger and then the curry leaves. Fry together till you smell the ginger good. Do not burn
Add onions, green chilies and sprinkle salt. Fry till they turn golden.

Step3
Add tomatoes and sprinkle salt, turmeric.

Step4
If you are not comfortable using salt so many times, I suggest skipping it at this step.

Step5
Fry for a min. On a low flame cover and cook till the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.

Step6
The onion tomato mixture should blend well.
While the tomatoes cook, you can peel and cube the sweet potatoes, add them to water till we use.

Step7
Add chili powder, coriander powder and red chili powder. Fry for about 1 to 2 minutes without burning.

Step8
Add sweet potato cubes, pour the same water we used to keep them at step 6. Just use enough water to immerse the sweet potatoes.
Cook on a low flame, till they are soft cooked. You can adjust salt and spice at this stage.

Step9
Keep covered for about 15 minutes for the flavors to absorb well by the sweet potato curry.

Notes
Variations: You can skip tomatoes and use tamarind paste or amchur powder, but you might get lesser gravy. Some folks like to use sweetener, you can use little jaggery to suit your taste.
.
.
.
Allah Hafiz:)