TRICOLOUR EGGLESS ZEBRA CAKE

TRICOLOUR EGGLESS ZEBRA CAKE / KADAI CAKE

Happy Independence Day

INGREDIENTS

Maida – 1 1/2Cup
Powdered sugar – 1 Cup
Curd – 1 Cup
Oil – ¼ cup
[ odourless / colourless ]Baking powder – 1 Tsp
Baking soda – ½ Tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 ½ TSP
Food colour – orange and Green Toothpicks, tin – size enough to fit in the kadai with lidKadai / pan with lid and a stand

PREPARATION.

Keep all the ingredients ready before you start.Sieve /sift the maida + sugar 3 times.Beat the curd + baking pwdr + baking soda well and keep aside for 10 mins for it to become frothy.Preheat the kadai on low flame for 10 mins .Grease and dust the baking tin.

METHOD

After 10 mins add the oil + vanilla essence and blend it well .

Add flour to this mixture and mix well . [don’t blend]

Divide the batter in equal into 3 bowls.

In 1st bowl add orange colour, 2nd add green colour and 3rd let it be plain.

Now 3 colour batters are ready.

Take the greased tin pour a spoon full of green batter enough to spread in the centre. [tap it if you want ]

Now pour a spoon full of white batter in the centre of the green batter allow it spread.

Pour a spoon full of orange batter in the centre of the white batter and allow it to spread.

Now repeat the process white + green + white + orange + white + green + white + orange

Now with a toothpick make lines from the centre to the edge of the tin .[ 6- 8 lines with equal lines in-between ]

Now start making lines from the edges to the centre in-between the earlier lines.

You will see a beautiful flower pattern.

Place the tin on the stand inside the kadai without touching the kadai.

Cover it and bake for 35 – 40 mins till it is done / toothpick comes clean .

OR bake it in preheated oven for 30 – 35 mins till it is done.

OR bake it in cooker without whistle and rubber with a stand in the centre.

Notes

I used a small tin ,the remaining batter I baked it in muffin cups .You can try the same recipe with 2 colours or more colours with different essence.Like here for green you can add pista essence and for orange you can add orange essence.You can make vanilla and chocolate by adding 2 tbsp choco pwdr.If the batter is very thick add few drops of milk.The cake tin should not touch the kadai while baking.