Chapter 3: Inner Demons

Fire, There was fire everywhere, Lutzow was standing in the middle of a large lagoon, Blood and oil stained the waters surface, bodies of ships from every faction surrounded him, there faces frozen in fear as limbs where missing and some where mangled beyond  recognition. Lutzow wondered the hellscape for what felt like hours before hearing a cry out in the distance "Mine Gott Stay back you demon!" Lutzow immediately ran over to where the cry came from and right before his eyes he saw a horrific sight, His sister Prinz Eugene impaled trough the chest by a shadow figure. "Lutzow.." she choked out before going limp .

"Schewster!" Lutzow cried out, quickly drawing his blade, "Who are you!?" He screamed at the shadow figure. The figure just stood there and laughed as it threw the body of Eugene aside while staring at Lutzow with two, deep purpled eyes.

 "You know very well who I am." the figure responds in a deep, distorted voice. 

"Nein, YOUR NOT REAL! I SEALED YOU AWAY!" Lutzow screamed at the shadow figure, who now was starting to take a more human shape. 

"Oh. Lutzow." The shadow figure said almost baby-talking him, "You can never get rid of me, after all..."  the figure changes its form one last time to reveal Lutzow himself, only the version of him had skin as pale as snow, it's purple eyes now glowing, and a sadistic grin that would put Roon to shame, "I am you and you are me, can't you see how powerful we can be?" the dark clone of Lutzow whispered into his ear. "

NEIN! YOU CONSTANLY MAKE ME LIVE IN FEAR OF HURTING THE ONES I LOVE! YOUR THE RESON I CAN'T TAKE MY REALATONSHIP WITH BISMARCK FORWORD! YOU MAKE MY LIFE HELL!" Lutzow screamed at his clone. 

"You don't seem to understand, repressing me will have serious repercussions" The pale man taunts before takes a few steps back while chuckling "I guess you will have to live with the consequences of your insolence." then rising from the depths of the flaming, bloody waters, was the mangled corpse of Bismarck, a look of terror  spread across her still face , 

"Biscuit..." Was all Lutzow could choke out as he fell to his knees. 

"Let me out."  The pale man whispered into Lutzow's ear before stabbing him in the chest.

Lutzow shot up in his bed, a cold sweat covering his body. The words his dark clone said to him repeating in his head 'Let me out. Let me out. LET ME OUT.' Lutzow shook his head and made his way to the bathroom to freshen up, as he splashed cold water into his face he looked up at his reflection he saw the purple eyed demon, "GOTTVERDAMMT! YOUR NOT REAL!" He screamed as he punched the mirror, shattering it. As he looked down at his now bleeding hand, 'Am I really a monster?' he thinks to himself as he grabs the first aid kit from under the sink. Lutzow was having these recurring nightmares for years, ever since Operation Rhinübung four years ago, He shudders as painful memories come back to him.

FLASHBACK

Lutzow was walking on the docks with his sister Prinz Eugen, the two of them had been selected to escort Bismarck on a sortie into the North Atlantic, as the two of them reached the pier where they where going to meet Bismarck Eugen turned to to Lutzow and teased, "So when is my dear brudder going to tell Lady Bismarck about his little crush? Hm?" Lutzow blushed as he tried to shrug off his older sister's teasing but he knew deep down that his feelings for Lady Bismarck went far beyond what a subordinate should feel for there superior. 

"There is nothing between me and Dame Bismarck, anyway what even is our goal for this sortie?" Lutzow asked, quickly changing the topic.

"The Kommandant got orders form Berlin to have the three of us go into the North Atlantic and attack Royal Navy Supply routs." Bismarck said surprising the two siblings as Lutzow immediately stood at attention in the presence of the flagship of Iron Blood.