Chapter 9

The police vehicles were engaged in a high-speed pursuit with a group of thieves before Flash maneuvered around the car and ejected the criminals from the vehicle. Joe and the other police officers then apprehended the thieves.

"Thanks, Flash," Joe said, waving to him.

...

STAR LABS

Barry sat down, panting. "I don't know how much more I can take. I need another recharge."

"Allen, at this pace, you'll strain yourself. The holograms might reconstruct the particle accelerator to restore Barry's speed," Harry said while adjusting the tachyon enhancer.

"Yes, Wells, that's what you keep saying," Barry said, crossing his arms as he sat.

"Exactly," Harry nodded.

"I was out of the city at the time, but from what I've been told, the last time the particle accelerator went off, it nearly destroyed Central City," Eliza said, looking at him.

"Not to mention, the last time we tried something like this, we tore a hole in the universe and created, like, fifty breaches to your Earth," Cisco added.

"Which is exactly how Zoom and his lackeys got here in the first place," Iris pointed out.

Harry sighed. "I told you. I know how to contain the explosion."

"Are you sure?" Barry asked.

"Yes," Harry affirmed.

"Do you know how to contain a dark matter explosion that last time radiated throughout Central City? You tried that on your Earth, remember? It didn't go so well," Barry asked. "And even if you could contain it, I thought you said Barry couldn't access the Speed Force anymore."

Harry turned to all of them. "It wasn't linked the first time he gained his powers. Look, I have Wells' data. The Harrison Wells of this Earth, I have his science. I know which chemicals need to be in his body. I know how the lightning needs to interact with the dark matter from the particle accelerator explosion. I can recreate the circumstances to restore his speed. This will work. Your solution... won't last." He pointed to the tachyon device. "You want to be ready if Zoom returns, when Zoom returns... there's only one way to do it, and it's by regaining his speed permanently."

Barry considered, then looked at Eliza, who was unsure of what to say. "Let's get out of here."

After going to the cabin where Henry was, he introduced Eliza to him, and Henry liked her, whispering in Barry's ear. "Is she your girlfriend?"

The question made both Barry and Eliza blush and have a flush on their faces.

After Zoom killed all the police officers, leaving only Joe, Wally, and Singh alive, and revealed that the recent appearances were just holograms, Barry was now determined to trigger the particle accelerator explosion again.

...

Barry was alone in the breach room, still contemplating whether he should create another particle accelerator explosion. He was desperate to defeat Zoom, but was it worth the risk? They could end up destroying the entire city this time. To make things worse, Barry's father had arrived to help, further complicating his decision.

Barry heard a soft knock and turned to see Eliza behind him, wearing a sympathetic smile on her face, which Barry returned.

"Hey, I thought you'd be here, and actually, this place is pretty cool," Eliza said, looking around.

"Yeah, that was exactly the same reaction I had when I came here for the first time," Barry said, and they both laughed. But then an awkward silence hung between them, until Eliza broke it.