Chapter 5: Attack of the Giant

"Peace is the outcome of a man's greed. Wars do not end because men do not have the same notion of justice. Even in attaining peace, they must act in barbarism because blood nourishes the roots of serenity."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Droplets of blood splattered on the ground. Caleb's torn hand repaired on its own though still smeared with red. Sevor stormed ahead in a flash, clashing against the angel's spear. The men's arms trembled from the opposition of strength.

Slade rushed to his twin's side. The werewolf rammed his fist against his face, sending him in great lengths. Before Slade could fall off the cliff, his hand transformed into a claw and hooked on the floor—grazing the soil until the momentum of his body stopped.

The angel successfully shoved the dragon away, twirling his spear. He aimed the keen edge to Sevor's face; the dragon sandwiched the blade between his palms.

Slade launched himself towards Caleb with his bony blades piercing out from the side of his arms. The werewolf grasped the blades and spun him around until the dragon kicked him on the chest. He effortlessly expelled fire, propelling him away from the wolf. Caleb grinned and stood, absorbing the blaze that did not even cause the slightest burn on his skin.

"You call that fire?" he insulted.

"Don't get cocky, asshole!" Slade shouted.

"I have every reason to be, bastardo," Caleb said before snorting.

The werewolf's red eyes gleamed blue; he aimed his palms at the twins. Icicles that branched out from each other shot out from his hands.

The twins scaled their limbs to shield themselves from the penetration but they weren't fast enough. With Sevor sacrificing an arm to save himself, the angel took advantage of it and lanced his spear forward. The older twin caught the spear with his other hand but the angel yanked his weapon away and successfully pierced it through his shoulder.

I was lightheaded while I watched them tear each other apart. If I only had my power back, I would be able to shoot thorns that would silence the ruckus they were making.

My heart throbbed painfully in my chest as the beats slowed down. Sevor snatched his arm from the icicle's pierce, maintaining the cold material stuck in his flesh. He grabbed the spear that was puncturing his shoulder and jumped back.

"Stop it," I murmured.

They were deafened by their sense of justice and childishness.

"I'm going to kill you!" Slade snapped.

"Let's see you try!" Caleb retorted.

"Stay away from my charge!" the angel shouted at Sevor.

"You stay away from our mate!" was Sevor's response.

The ground we stood upon cracked from their attacks. Caleb and Slade took turns punching each other while rolling on the ground. Sevor and the angel would grasp every opportunity to stab and lacerate.

"Stop it..." I softly spoke, catching my breath.

I clenched my chest—my heartbeat had ceased. I fell forward on my knees. My hands paled, black veins spreading on my skin.

I told them to stop.

But they would rather chew their own liver than to heed my request of truce.

A high-pitch wail rose from my throat that made the ground tremble. A flock of birds scattered from the forest. A gust of dark particles hailed around me and spread far and beyond. The particles decayed the forestry. The clouds darkened as the smell of rot surfaced.