Chapter 14: Yertle

Querencia is where you can be yourself. This is a place where one draws his strength from. This is home.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------

We entrusted the unhatched eggs of the Moon Phoenixes to Sparkles who tearfully looked over the disaster that occurred on the floating island.

"I swear I will restore the Moon Phoenix tribe before my body burns out. You are my witness, slave boy," she cried, staring at me with resolve. The "Slave boy" earned her pugnacious reactions.

"Who the hell are you calling a slave boy? Do you want me to piss on you?!" Caleb roared.

Slade hauled him back. "Out of my way, mutt, if anyone's going to get a piece of that bird, it's me! I'm going to make sure I digest any possibility of her getting reborn!"

Sevor walked forward with a stoic expression and with his hands behind his back that slowly presented one of the eggs.

"It's not too late to take back what you said," he calmly threatened. Caleb and Slade stared at him with wide eyes.

"You're so petty!" they snarled in unison.

Peaches scoffed. The ring around my index finger stretched to his hand and transmogrified into a scythe. His eyes carried a deadly glint.

"I'll turn you into a squid," he threatened.

Garrison stepped ahead of them, wearing a wholesome smile. He raised his hand up, twirling it elegantly as dust swelled around it. "Why don't I give you a make-over?"

Raphael was completely quiet. The word "slave boy" rang differently with him because of what had transpired between us. Sparkles fearfully back against the wall because of the terror she brought upon herself. Rui could only release a breath of exasperation.

"Adults..." Rui grumbled.

"How could you say that about Lucian-nii?!" Buck shouted, equally riled up.

Ciel whimpered in my arms from the ruckus but continued to sleep. I stood in between them before they could pluck Sparkles' feathers and stab her with them. I bowed. "Thank you for helping us, Lady Sparkles. This peasant is forever grateful for your kindness."

Peaches was the first one to tame his aggression before whistling. "That's kind of hot if it comes from you, Lucian."

Sparkles regained her spunk, placing her wing against her beak, acting like she was holding a fan while laughing like a noblewoman. "Hohoho, until we meet again, slave boy. Take care of my darling will you? He is more valuable than you'll ever be."

Raphael winced, turning away. "We're wasting time. The others must be getting worried."

The twins, Caleb, and Peaches looked at Raphael who in return became rigid and paranoid from their knowing stares. They held their snickering until we arrived at the mountain but not after hearing Sparkles scream:

"Farewell darling! I will remember our love for many rebirths to come!!!"

We returned to Tourmaline mountain using Peaches' teleportation ability. The four men burst into a chaotic laughter, slapping each other's back and making sure that they included Raphael in that slap too. Garrison had to look away to remain graceful despite tearing up from the humor. Raphael's cheeks were as red as my tooshie when it's slapped.

"What the heck was that?! Your taste is much worse than Sevor's!" Slade cackled. Sevor abruptly ceased laughing to glare at his twin.

"What does that supposed to mean?"