Chapter 6

Next Day, At The Gotham Academy

Jesse was on her way to the clock tower with her peers staring at her making Jesse looks at them as Stephanie walks up to her. "They been staring at me too." Stephanie said to her as the two walk down the hallway. "Looks like we are the stars of this academy now." Jesse said to her then Brody walks over to them. "First two periods are cancelled, and they're having an assembly to talk to us about Turner. You'd think your classmate becoming the most wanted fugitive in Gotham since Ed Nygma would give us the whole day off." Brody said to them. "He didn't do it." Jesse said to him making Brody stand infront of the two. "Come on, Jesse. Money from his bank account was paid to the Killers." Brody said to her. "And if he were guilty, then why would he ask me to hack the banks to find out how that money got there?" Stephanie asks him making Brody look at her. "You...you did what?" Brody asks her. "Used his dad's Batcomputer to try to prove he was innocent." Stephanie said to him again. "And she did a very good job." Jesse said to him. "I'm sorry. I'm just trying to figure out which part of that sounds more insane...the fact that you hacked the city's financial infrastructure or that you did it on a Batcomputer?" Brody asks Stephanie. "I don't see what is hard to figure out." Jesse said to him. "Do you understand how much trouble you guys could've gotten in?" Brody asks the two. "We are more worried about the trouble he's in, because we are his friends." Jesse said to him. "Well, you could become an accessory if you keep helping him. He's going to get caught, and when he does, he's gonna bring you two down with him. I mean, the guy couldn't even figure out his dad was Batman. Where the hell is he gonna hide?" Brody asks the two then the bell starts chiming, Brody gives the two one last look before walking away. 

"I think I know where he is." Stephanie said to Jesse as she looks at Jesse. "I know, too." Jesse said to her as the two walk to the door that will take them to the clock tower. "Oh my god. You knew where he was the whole time." Stephanie said to her as Jesse puts the code to the door. "Yep." Jesse said to her as she opens the door then Jesse looks at Stephanie. "Because I am Blue Bird." Jesse said to her with a smile then she walks though the door. "What wait? You can't just say that out of the blue." Stephanie said to her as she follows Jesse.

Stephanie follows Jesse to the main area of the tower and she sees Skylar holding Cullen as the two sleep together. Stephanie then sees Harper sleeping on a couch while Jesse walks over to Turner. Jesse then hears Stephanie gaps making her turn to see Duela was holding a knife to her. "Hmm. Looks like someone took a wrong turn at cheerleader tryouts." Duela said to her. "We don't have cheerleaders at this school." Stephanie said to her scared that Duela was going to slash her neck while Skylar sits up. "Hmm. Their loss, 'cause you are rockin' that skirt, blondie." Skylar said to her while holding Cullen. "Thank you." Stephanie said to him as Turner runs over to Jesse's side. "Duela, let her go." Jesse said to her making Duela look at him. "She's my friend. You can trust her." Turner said to her. "I don't trust you." Duela said to Turner. "Who the hell is she?" Harper asks them after sitting up. "Stephanie. Hi." Stephanie said to them with a smile as she waved at them. "I thought you said no one else knew about this place." Cullen said glaring at Turner upset while Skylar was playing with his hair. "She's the only other person." Jesse said to Cullen. "Duela, put the knife down." Turner said to her. "Or what?" Duela asks him with a smirk on her face. "Or you might kill the one person who can prove we were set up."  Jesse said to her. "Someone has brains." Skylar said to them with a smile. "She's looking into where the money you were paid came from." Turner said to her. "This is the hacker chick?" Harper asks the two. "Hacker chick. Hi." Stephanie said to them as she waves at them again while Duela slowly pulls her knife away from her neck. "Stephanie...Brown?" Skylar said looking at the girl. "As in Arthur Brown? Are you the daughter of the "Quiz Bowl" host?" Harper asks Stephanie. "I think I prefer "Hacker chick." Stephanie said to her making Harper erupted in laughter. "Cause that is what this group was missing. A celebrity game show host's kid." Harper said to them with a serious face. "So, you're the one who's gonna take all those ones and zeros and make 'em prove we're innocent?" Duela asks Stephanie while Skylar walks over to the girl. "That was the plan, until the GCPD impounded everything in the Batcave." Jesse said to them making Turner look at Jesse. "So, the Batcomputer?" Turner asks her making Jesse nod a little.