Chapter 10

Later At The Founders Gala 

Jesse's Dress

Jesse enters the party after she change her outfit

Jesse enters the party after she change her outfit. Jesse starts looking for her dad who she finds talking to someone making her run over to him. "Dad." Jesse said making Harvey look at her. "Jess, I thought you were with Carrie." Harvey said to him as he walks over to her. "We have to get out of here." Jesse said to him. "What? Why?" Harvey asks her. "The Mutant gang's about to do something terrible." Jesse said to him. "What? How do you know this?" Harvey asks her suddenly the building shakes from an explode from the outside. Then there was gunshots from the outside making everyone scream then the doors open and gunshots go off making Harvey pulls Jesse close to him. "No need to panic. We're just here to provide the evening's entertainment." Lieutenant said as he walks into the building with the mutant gang. "Do you all like games? Because I have one that I think you'll love." Lieutenant said to him as he walks over to Mayor Hill making Harvey push Jesse behind him. "It's a very simple game. It's called...What Does This Button Do?" Lieutenant asks them while Jesse holds onto her dad's arm. "It's a detonator." Jesse said to herself.

At The Clock tower / Belfry

"It's a chaotic scene here at City Hall as the Founders Gala has been taken hostage by the Mutant gang, who have barricaded themselves inside, threatening to detonate a chemical explosive if the GCPD does not release their leader, Vernon Wagner, by p.m. tonight. In these dark times, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that Gotham could use a Batman."

A reporter said while the others were watching the tv, Carrie looks over at Turner who was breathing heavily before walking away.

"So, you guys are... going in?" Harper asks Turner and Carrie making Turner look at her. "We were kind of hoping you would join us." Turner said to her. "Uh, why the hell would I do that?" Harper asks him. "You know how to disable a bomb." Turner said to her. "Yeah. Step One: call the bomb squad." Harper said to him sarcastically. "They don't have the instruction manual. We do. Besides, if they go in and kick the door down, then the Mutants will just set off the bomb." Carrie said to her. "Sorry, how is what you're planning any different?" Harper asks her. "Well, you don't have to go through the front door." Duela said to them making the group look at her. "Decommissioned subway tunnels will take you right under it. Then you could pop up into City Hall like a stripper popping out of a cake. But you would need someone to open the door from the inside." Duela said to them. "If I could arrange that, would you show us the way?" Turner asks her. "Why would I risk my life to save a bunch of people who don't give a damn about me?" Duela asks him. "Same reason we saved you from the Talon." Turner said to her. "You do realize it's impossible to guilt me into anything, right? You can ask my brother but he is not here right now." Duela said said to him making Turner sigh. "Fine. You'll get to punch a bunch of Mutants." Turner said to her. "Oh! Should've led with that. I'll get my purse." Duela said to him happily before walking away. "Okay." Turner said to himself as he grabs his things hoping Jesse was okay.