Bite My Tongue

continued

continued

Seated in the back of the car, Clovel found himself lost in contemplation, carefully selecting the right words to convey what he had just discovered.

Uncertainty filled his mind as he grappled with the best way to approach telling Tiana about this revelation.

Anticipating her potential inquiries, he felt a sense of unease, realizing that he hadn't fully considered the manner in which he would share the information with her.

Tiana moved about her place, immersed in the melodies of Sade flowing through her headphones. Having just finished mopping the kitchen, she was ready to settle down for a moment of relaxation. However, the doorbell interrupted her tranquility. She removed her headphones, wondering if it was just her imagination. Curiosity compelled her to glance through the peephole, revealing Clovel standing on the other side.

"Hey," she greeted, opening the door.

"Hey, mama. What have you been up to?" Clovel responded with a faint smile.

"I just finished cleaning," she replied, stepping aside to allow him inside. Clovel removed his shoes as she closed the door.

As they entered, both of them began speaking simultaneously. "Sorry, you go ahead," Clovel suggested.

"I was about to ask what you've been doing today. You look like you've been crying," she observed, peering into his eyes and gently touching his face.

"It's probably from when I was smoking earlier," he explained.

"My little pot head," she chuckled, walking away.

"You know what? That's actually funny. I'll let you slide with that." Clovel followed her. "Actually, I was hanging out with Jon and Desmond."

"Ooh, what did you guys do today?"

"Just smoked and played 2k," he laughed. "But I finally said, 'it's time for me to come see you'"

"You're so obsessed with me," she playfully remarked.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say," he playfully responds, a warm smile gracing his face as he gently places his hands on her waist. "Did you have a good day?"

Her eyes light up with joy as she nods, "Yes, but it's even better now," she replies, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Is that so?" he teases, intrigued by her response.

"Mhm," she hums, pulling him closer, and they share a tender, affectionate kiss, sealing the happiness of the moment.

Clovel kissed her back tenderly before pulling away slightly, gazing into her eyes with admiration and a touch of disbelief. He couldn't fathom how this resilient and strong woman before him had endured so much. Cupping her face in his hands, he smiled affectionately and whispered, "You're so beautiful," appreciating not just her outer beauty, but also the strength and resilience that radiated from within her.