Light's Out

Two months later  - October 18, 2018

Two months later
- October 18, 2018

Clovel had hired a chef to prepare dinner for them; after all, it was going to be a special night. As his hands grew clammy from nervousness, he rubbed them together vigorously. He yearned for everything to go perfectly. Clovel cherished these moments, recognizing their preciousness, especially after years of empty encounters.

The doorbell rang, jolting Clovel out of his thoughts. After taking a deep breath, he opened the door. "Hey, beautiful," he said, planting a kiss on Tiana's cheek.

"Hey," Tiana replied, her smile reaching from ear to ear as she admired him from head to toe.
"You look absolutely dashing."

"Not as amazing as you," he said, beaming, and held her hand. Leading her to the back patio, they found a beautifully set table, with the chef placing the dishes delicately on it. "Oh my god," Tiana gasped, covering her mouth with her hand.

"I hope you enjoy," the chef said, nodding. Tiana smiled and turned her attention back to Clovel. He pulled out her chair, and she gracefully took a seat before he settled into his own.

"This is absolutely stunning...the view, the setup," Tiana gushed.

"I'm thrilled that you like everything," Clovel replied.

"You've truly outdone yourself, Mr. Hawkins."

"Only the best for you, Ms. Boudreaux."

Clovel locked eyes with Tiana, sensing the mixture of excitement and emotion in her gaze. He noticed her wiping her eyes, trying to keep the tears at bay. Concern crept onto his face.
"What's wrong, baby?" he asked, his voice filled with tenderness.

"I'm sorry—this is definitely the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me—" Tiana replied, her voice quivering.

"You deserve the best, and there are more surprises to come," he assured her, kissing her hand.

"You're—really the sweetest." Tiana says quickly wiping her tears.

"My little crybaby," he teased, his laughter filling the air.

"I hope you took some pictures; you look so good, baby." She says placing her napkin back on her lap.

"Of course I did, just for you," he responded, a hint of a smirk on his face. Clovel bit his lip, briefly turning his attention to the wine. Tiana glanced at the bottle.

"You got Château Margaux," she noted, her eyes sparkling.

"I told you, only the best for you," he replied, taking a sip of his wine. "And I remembered it's the wine you mentioned enjoying so much and couldn't find."

"You never fail to amaze me," Tiana said, her voice filled with genuine admiration.

"I love seeing you happy," he confessed.