Get Back

6 hours later
Charleston, South Carolina

Parked, the boys observed their surroundings, marveling at Clovel's meticulous planning. Iman found it intriguing, while Tez respected this new side of Clovel.

With the window down, Clovel listened intently.

"Thank you for coming in, Marsha," an older lady said.

"No problem... let me make sure everything's locked up," Marsha replied, walking her out to the car.

"Okay, you sure you don't want me to wait on you?" the older lady asked, opening her car door.

"No, Miss April. You know you need to get off these streets at this time of night with your eyesight," Marsha smiled, giving her a hug.

"You're right. Thank you again, sweetheart! See you Sunday."

"Yes, ma'am," Marsha replied, making her way back to the church entrance.

The two ladies, left by the deacons after their meeting, diligently worked on the church's finances and tidied up the sanctuary.

After Marsha set the alarm, she headed towards her car, searching for her keys along the way. In her attempt to locate them, the keys slip from her grasp.

As she picks them up, she suddenly finds herself facing the menacing barrel of a Glock 19. The gunshot reverberated through the dim expanse, its sound lingering in the shadows.

Clovel observed her body succumbing to the damage, then retreated to the car, sliding into the backseat. Iman took the wheel while Tez adjusted the map for the journey back to Florida.

Securing the gun in a clear resealable bag, Clovel removed his gloves. Once on a bustling road, he unmasked, revealing a side unknown to Tez and Iman, who were aware of his previous fear of firing a gun.

Despite initial expectations, Clovel had outlined the plan during the trip. Iman guided them back to Tampa on the highway.

Clovel donned wired headphones connected to his old iPod, pulled out a pencil, and began sketching in his sketchbook to divert his thoughts.

Tampa, Florida

As morning broke in Tampa, Clovel gave the men cash, insisting on paying despite their refusal. After their departure, he entered his mother's home, took a shower, and lay down on the bed. Sorting through messages on his phone, he returned his mother's call.

"Hey," he said with a yawn.

"Hey baby! I was trying to get you to come back to the hospital, please."

"Is everything okay?" he asked, hastily putting his mom on speaker and pulling on a shirt.

"Just come when you can," Carissa replied.

"Okay. I'm on the way," he assured, putting the phone back to his ear. After ending the call, Clovel changed into a set of jeans and placed his watch back on.

Heading downstairs, he put on his shoes before going to his mother's car.

He drove for 30 minutes to reach the hospital, rushing to his sister's room. As he opened the door, Clovel found his sister looking at him, a faint smile on her face.

"Challan!" he exclaimed, hugging her tightly.

"Heyy," her faint voice replied, and Clovel's tears fell as he realized his sister was okay.

"Stop crying, big baby... I'm okay," she joked patting his back.

"I ain't crying, the hell," he laughed as he pulled away.