Something Real

- Sunday, August 5th

Carmen and Desmond had eagerly anticipated their double date with their best friends, so they decided to head to the skating rink for some pre-departure fun before Clovel returned to his hometown. Clovel had cryptically advised Tiana to dress comfortably and wear socks, leaving her in suspense. This outing promised to be a delightful change of pace since Desmond and Clovel were regulars at the skating rink, and Carmen would usually tag along as the third wheel.

As they arrived, Clovel, as usual, held the door open for Tiana. "Thank you," Tiana said, stepping out.

They exchanged warm smiles and entered the bustling skate arena. Clovel sported a white tee paired with jeans, while Tiana wore a tank top and an overall skirt.

"Finally, you guys made it!" Carmen exclaimed with excitement. "Yeah, we're here," Clovel chuckled in response.

Tiana greeted Carmen with a warm hug, their enthusiasm making it seem as though they hadn't seen each other in ages. Together, they headed to the counter to collect their skates.

"you've skated before?" Clovel asked Tiana as he laced up his skates.

"I used to... but it's been a while," she replied while putting on her skates.

"She's right; we used to skate all the time in high school," Carmen added, coming to her friend's defense.

"No worries, I'll help you get back into it," Clovel reassured Tiana.

With their skates securely fastened, they were ready to join the other skaters.

Desmond shouted over to the DJ, "Hey! How about some '90s music?"

The speakers blared "Candy Rain" by Soul for Real as the lights created a mesmerizing display of light blue and white.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Desmond exclaimed as he held Carmen's hand, gracefully gliding across the smooth, glossy floor.

Clovel held both of Tiana's hands as they ventured onto the floor. A little apprehensive, Tiana held onto the wall, wanting to stay as close to it as possible.

"Don't worry, I won't let you fall," Clovel assured her.
"Okay, I'm really focused on not landing on my behind," Tiana admitted.

"Trust me, if you knew how to do it before, you can do it again," Clovel encouraged.

Tiana did indeed know how to skate; she had been part of a roller club for years. But she enjoyed Clovel's attempts to teach her. As people skated around them, she focused on regaining her skills. Eventually, she moved away from the wall, and Clovel held her hand as she started skating on her own.

"See? I knew it wouldn't take long," Clovel praised her.
"Fun fact, I used to be in a roller club," Tiana revealed.
"Oh, damn! So, you really know how to skate," Clovel exclaimed with a smile, skating alongside her.